Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can't save a file
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Can't save a file Post 302211397 by mobydick on Thursday 3rd of July 2008 08:40:24 AM
Old 07-03-2008
please post

ls -al file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

cannot save file...

Hello! I have a problem: I compile some function, which must save file: ===================== // prog.cpp void save_file(){ FILE *fs = fopen("file.txt", "w"); if(!fs) cerr<< "cannot save"; fprintf(fs, "This is a text file."); fclose(fs) } ===================== If i compile it from... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: szzz
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data fetched from text file and save in a csv file

Hi i have wriiten a script which fetches the data from text file, and saves in the output in a text file itself, but i want that the output should save in different columns. I have the output like: For Channel:response_time__24.txt 1547 data points 0.339 0.299 0.448 0.581 7.380 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohitkalia
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save cURL verbose output to file or do it like browser "save as.."

hi there ! i have exactly the same problem like this guy here https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/127668-getting-curl-output-verbose-file.html i am not able to save the curl verbose output.. the sollution in this thread (redirecting stderr to a file) does not work for me.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crabmeat
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to save changes to a file

is i want to sort or delete lines etc etc to a file, how do i save the changes. example i do sort file > file when i do cat file, all data is erased. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hobiwhenuknowme
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file and for each line replace two variables, add strings and save output in another file

Hi All, I have a file, let's call it "info.tmp" that contains data like this .. ABC123456 PCX333445 BCD789833 I need to read "info.tmp" and for each line add strings in a way that the final output is put /logs/ua/dummy.trigger 'AAA00001.FTP.XXX.BLA03A01.xxxxxx(+1)' where XXX... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy_ARG
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut lines from log file and save it another file

Dears, i want cut the lines from a log file. Example of the log file as follows.. May 27, 2011 5:54:51 PM com.huawei.ivas.utilities.sm.client.SMDeliverContrUtil isDeliverSM FINE: May 27, 2011 5:54:51 PM com.huawei.ivas.utilities.sm.client.SMUtil addSysUpMsgLog INFO: . The message content... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonypalokkaran
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CSV file:Find duplicates, save original and duplicate records in a new file

Hi Unix gurus, Maybe it is too much to ask for but please take a moment and help me out. A very humble request to you gurus. I'm new to Unix and I have started learning Unix. I have this project which is way to advanced for me. File format: CSV file File has four columns with no header... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindosu
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FILE_ID extraction from file name and save it in CSV file after looping through each folders

FILE_ID extraction from file name and save it in CSV file after looping through each folders My files are located in UNIX Server, i want to extract file_id and file_name from each file .and save it in a CSV file. How do I do that? I have folders in unix environment, directory structure is... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: princetd001
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening a file in vi and automatically save and quit this file using shell script

Hi friends, In my shell script, I want to open a file using vi editor. After opening the file in vi, I want to save and quit this file automatically.... all through shell script. the code segment is: ------------------------------------------------------------ cd ~/netfpga/projects/scone/sw/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinteotia
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save value from output of Corestat and save in a list for each core

I am trying to modify the "corestat v1.1" code which is in Perl.The typical output of this code is below: Core Utilization CoreId %Usr %Sys %Total ------ ----- ----- ------ 5 4.91 0.01 4.92 6 0.06 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
0 Replies
CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE(3)				     curl_easy_setopt options					  CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE - size of POST data pointed to SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE, long size); DESCRIPTION
If you want to post data to the server without having libcurl do a strlen() to measure the data size, this option must be used. When this option is used you can post fully binary data, which otherwise is likely to fail. If this size is set to -1, the library will use strlen() to get the size. If you post more than 2GB, use CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE(3). DEFAULT
-1 PROTOCOLS
HTTP EXAMPLE
CURL *curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { const char *data = "data to send"; curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "http://example.com"); /* size of the POST data */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE, (long) strlen(data)); curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, data); curl_easy_perform(curl); } AVAILABILITY
Along with HTTP RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if HTTP is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS(3), CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE(3)