Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DBI - Change database
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting DBI - Change database Post 302211157 by Sergiu-IT on Wednesday 2nd of July 2008 05:25:46 PM
Old 07-02-2008
Well... that's not the way I like, but it's not difficult to do it this way. What I need is a script that will connect to the database server and will gather some informations from all databases on that server. I think it's a waste of resources to make a connection for each database (about 500 of all) and after that disconnect it, but anyway... I'll handle it Smilie

Thanks for your time !

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL DBI module install

We ran into an issue trying to install DBI and DB2 modules for perl for AIX from the link http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/db2/perl/ We tried to install the DBI module using bash# perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBI' command. However we ended up with the following error. Stop. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

change the contraints type of fields in database

how to disable the contraint type of a field (which is present in diffrent tables ) in database using a single unix script file. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaksing
4 Replies

3. Programming

perl dbi to oracle getting disconnect_all for oracle dbi help

hi i am trying to connect to an oracle database using dbi and i get this :: Driver has not implemented the disconnect_all method. at /opt/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/sun4-solaris/DBI.pm line 575 END failed--call queue aborted. for all i know, the script was working earlier, but has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poggendroff
1 Replies

4. Programming

Problems using Perl DBI to edit database entries - basic stuff

Hello. I am taking a Perl class in college and we've briefly covered SQL and moved on. We have a term project and we can do whatever we want. My project will rely strongly on an SQL Database so I am trying to learn as much about Perl DBI as I can to get things up and going. I am basically... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dave247
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to MySQL from Perl using DBI

Hi, I want to connect perl with the mysql to select and so on but the connection don't work code #!/usr/bin/perl BEGIN { # PERL MODULES WE WILL BE USING use DBI; $dbh = DBI->connect('DBI:mysql:C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\data\db1','','pass') or die $DBI::errstr;} #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eng_shimaa
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl's DBI Module on OS X - uninstallable?

i've been struggling with installing the Perl DBI & DBD modules all weekend, and I'm getting close, but no cigar as of yet. When I run the perl script db.pl I get the following mismatch error: Mon Apr 19 09:43:29 EDT 2010 /Library/Perl/DBD-mysql-4.011 -> peterv@MBP17.local<515>$: db.pl | tee... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterv6
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: help with DBI

Hi there, I have a bit of code similar to below (which ive actually got from perldoc, but mine is similar enough) $sth = $dbh->prepare(q{ SELECT region, sales FROM sales_by_region }); $sth->execute; my ($region, $sales); # Bind Perl variables to columns: $rv =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl DBI error

Hi All, I installed DBI module in a non INC location and using it in my script via "use lib". But it throw the below error at the "use DBI" step. Please help Usage: DBI::_install_method(dbi_class, meth_name, file, attribs=Nullsv) at /xx/xxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/oracle/lib/DBI.pm/oracle/lib/DBI.pm line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC

my os details as follow bash-3.2$ cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.8 (Tikanga) I run the following and encounter the following error bash-3.2$ mysqlhotcopy -? Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC (@INC contains:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
5 Replies
PGSNAP(1)							   User Commands							 PGSNAP(1)

NAME
pgsnap - PostgreSQL report tool DESCRIPTION
pgsnap is a PostgreSQL tool that mimics orasnap performance report tool for Oracle. Usage: ./pgsnap [OPTIONS]... [DBNAME] General options: -a, --all build a report for all databases on the PostgreSQL server -d DBNAME specify database name to connect to (default: your login name) -o outputdir specify directory name where the reports will be created (default: the database name followed by 'snap_', followed by the date and time) -S, --without-sysobjects all reports will display informations on user objects only -S, --delete-if-exists delete output directory if it already exists --help show this help, then exit --version output version information, then exit Connection options: -h HOSTNAME database server host or socket directory (default: "localhost") -p PORT database server port (default: "5432") -U NAME database user name (default: your login name) -W prompt for password AUTHOR and CREDITS pgsnap is written and maintained by Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume at lelarge dot info> The pgsnap website: http://pgsnap.projects.postgresql.org/ This manpage was written by Pierre Chifflier <chifflier@debian.org> pgsnap 0.5.0 Feb 2010 PGSNAP(1)