Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting error in passing a variable to sqlplus from a shell script Post 302211042 by kripssmart on Wednesday 2nd of July 2008 01:39:43 PM
Old 07-02-2008
error in passing a variable to sqlplus from a shell script

hi,

I am using a shell script from where i will be conecting to sqlplus..
i am having a problem in passing a variable to sqlplus query..
i will be assigning the variable in the unix environment..whenever i am trying to pass a variable having the contents greater than 2500 characters, i am getting an error message saying that the input variable is too long...

is there any way with which i can overcome this issue... ?

thanks,

Krips.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters from a shell script to sqlplus

Hi , I want to pass parameters from a shell script to a sql script and use the parameter in the sql query ..and then I want to spool a particular select query on to my unix box... for 4 different locations by writing only one sql script Right now no file is generated on the unix box...it is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

passing unix variable to sqlplus without a file name

Hi, I want to input unix variable to sqlplus.The following is working fine sqlplus username/password @dummy.sql param1 param2 << EOF create user $1 identified by $2; EOF But I dont want any file name to be passed,I just want to pass the parameter. Is there any way to that?? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthi.abdullah
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the unix variable to sqlplus

Hi, I am writing a script which creates an external table using a shell script. My requirement is like this. Usage: . ./r.ksh <table_name> - this should create an external table. e.g . ./r.ksh abc - this should create an external table as abc_external. How do i achieve this? Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anaramkris
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Shell array to SQLPlus

Dears, Newbie here and tried to search this topic for 3 days now with results. I have a shell array and I want to use it in sqlplus with one connection. here is what I have for now #!/bin/ksh FileName=1000 FileName=2000 FileName=3000 FileName=4000 sqlplus /nolog <<EOF connect... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: roby2411
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing shell variable to awk script

I want to pass a shell variable to awk script : # cat file PSAPSR3 3722000 91989.25 2 98 PSAPSR7 1562000 77000.1875 5 95 PSAPUNDO 92000 4087.5625 4 96 #... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reboot
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script passing parameters to sqlplus code

Hello All, I am interested in finding out a way to pass parameters that are entered at the prompt from HP unix and passed to SQLPlus code with a Shell Script. Is this possible? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: compprog11
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a parameter from a shell script to sqlplus

Hi All, I'm new to Linux and scripting, apologies in advance for 'stupid' questions. Please help... Im writing a script that calls a sqlplus script but the sqlplus requires inputs and i cant seem to get this to work. here is my code. #!/bin/sh TERM=vt100 export TERM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahomed
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Variable from shell script to select query for SqlPlus?

echo "set echo off"; echo "set feedback off"; echo "set linesize 4000"; echo " set pagesize 0"; echo " set sqlprompt ''"; echo " set trimspool on"; Select statement is mentioned below echo "select res.ti_book_no from disney_ticket_history res where res.ti_status =${STATUS} and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script (ksh) - SQLPlus query filter using a string variable

Using ksh, I am using SQLPlus to execute a query with a filter using a string variable. REPO_DB=DEV1 FOLDER_NM='U_nmalencia' FOLDER_CHECK=$(sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF CONNECT user/pswd_select@${REPO_DB} set echo off heading off feedback off select subj_name from subject where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing sqlplus output to shell variable

Hi , I am using below code : for i in `ps -ef|grep pmon|awk {' print $8 '}|cut -f3 -d'_'|grep -v '^grep'` do ORACLE_SID=$i export ORACLE_SID; dest=`sqlplus "/ as sysdba" <<EOF set heading off feedback on verify off select DESTINATION from v\\$archive_dest where target in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
5 Replies
incr(3tcl)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							incr(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
incr - Increment the value of a variable SYNOPSIS
incr varName ?increment? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Increments the value stored in the variable whose name is varName. The value of the variable must be an integer. If increment is supplied then its value (which must be an integer) is added to the value of variable varName; otherwise 1 is added to varName. The new value is stored as a decimal string in variable varName and also returned as result. Starting with the Tcl 8.5 release, the variable varName passed to incr may be unset, and in that case, it will be set to the value incre- | ment or to the default increment value of 1. EXAMPLES
Add one to the contents of the variable x: incr x Add 42 to the contents of the variable x: incr x 42 Add the contents of the variable y to the contents of the variable x: incr x $y Add nothing at all to the variable x (often useful for checking whether an argument to a procedure is actually integral and generating an error if it is not): incr x 0 SEE ALSO
expr(3tcl) KEYWORDS
add, increment, variable, value Tcl incr(3tcl)