Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl report problem...
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl report problem... Post 302211010 by ganapati on Wednesday 2nd of July 2008 12:21:42 PM
Old 07-02-2008
Thanks for your answer radoulov Smilie
you always helped me. Still sorry for this questions again...

In the perl script I'm using "#!/usr/bin/perl" in the first line. Is it required to write perl in your first line *perl -F';' -lane'* ?

As you know I'm not an advanced perl programmer, could you please explain your code? i.e, what is the meaning of *' -lane'* and where is the output file name etc...

Sorry, eventhough I'm wasting your valuable time, it would be very helpful for me..

Thanks again / Mysore Ganapati.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem getting data to a report file.

Hi all, I'm trying in vain to workout how I can generate a report from a months worth of files that get created every day. There is one file per day and each daily file contain the output from a df -v command. With the following section of code ... for xdffile in $1$2/df?? do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl problem

I have been recently given a PERL script to develop, but the main problem is that the perl version that I have to use is old, also I cant download modules from CPAN. Perl version 5.0005 I didnt realise this untill I had the script ready to be tested, so there are a few modules that I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: meevagh
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with perl

hi, i have a script that coverts the file time in epoch time.but the problem is perl is not working inside the k-shell ---------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/ksh echo "Enter the file" read n perl -e 'print ((stat("n")))'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
6 Replies

4. Programming

Problem with perl ~ tr///

I am trying to run the following script which is a file format converter. The frame variable in the input file has a file of 3,2,1 which needs to be 0,1,2 respectively i.e. 3 =0 etc. I have included the tr/// function into the script to do this, however it does not seem to be working input its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fordie
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script for generates a report for backup times

Hi all, we do have daily oracle database backups and i need to generate report of each database start point and end point we are using netapp snapshot(filer level) for backups. all backups logs will be come in one directory /u01/app/oracle/backup/hostname/log/* here... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashdba2010
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk report generation problem

Hello everyone, I have a list of inputs as below. My logic is to get the particular powerdisk which matches for ASM disk which means take the major & minor number of each asm disk and matches with powerdisk info then get the particular powerdisk $ ls -l /dev/asm_* ---> ASM disk info... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannan84
11 Replies

7. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in modifying existing Perl Script to produce report of dupes

Hello, I have a large amount of data with the following structure: Word=Transliterated word I have written a Perl Script (reproduced below) which goes through the full file and identifies all dupes on the right hand side. It creates successfully a new file with two headers: Singletons and Dupes.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report generation using perl script

Hi, I have a perl script to read the log file and create a report from it. I have the script file and log file in a different directories. Now i have pipe the log file data to the perl script to create the report (HMTL file). I am using the below command this isn't working tail -f... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
4 Replies
Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm)

NAME
Plack::App::CGIBin - cgi-bin replacement for Plack servers SYNOPSIS
use Plack::App::CGIBin; use Plack::Builder; my $app = Plack::App::CGIBin->new(root => "/path/to/cgi-bin")->to_app; builder { mount "/cgi-bin" => $app; }; # Or from the command line plackup -MPlack::App::CGIBin -e 'Plack::App::CGIBin->new(root => "/path/to/cgi-bin")->to_app' DESCRIPTION
Plack::App::CGIBin allows you to load CGI scripts from a directory and convert them into a PSGI application. This would give you the extreme easiness when you have bunch of old CGI scripts that is loaded using cgi-bin of Apache web server. HOW IT WORKS
This application checks if a given file path is a perl script and if so, uses CGI::Compile to compile a CGI script into a sub (like ModPerl::Registry) and then run it as a persistent application using CGI::Emulate::PSGI. If the given file is not a perl script, it executes the script just like a normal CGI script with fork & exec. This is like a normal web server mode and no performance benefit is achieved. The default mechanism to determine if a given file is a Perl script is as follows: o Check if the filename ends with ".pl". If yes, it is a Perl script. o Open the file and see if the shebang (first line of the file) contains the word "perl" (like "#!/usr/bin/perl"). If yes, it is a Perl script. You can customize this behavior by passing "exec_cb" callback, which takes a file path to its first argument. For example, if your perl-based CGI script uses lots of global variables and such and are not ready to run on a persistent environment, you can do: my $app = Plack::App::CGIBin->new( root => "/path/to/cgi-bin", exec_cb => sub { 1 }, )->to_app; to always force the execute option for any files. AUTHOR
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa SEE ALSO
Plack::App::File CGI::Emulate::PSGI CGI::Compile Plack::App::WrapCGI See also Plack::App::WrapCGI if you compile one CGI script into a PSGI application without serving CGI scripts from a directory, to remove overhead of filesystem lookups, etc. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-02 Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm)