Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP-UX recycle
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers HP-UX recycle Post 302210974 by vbe on Wednesday 2nd of July 2008 10:33:29 AM
Old 07-02-2008
And for booting single user (I do hope you have a console...)

Interrupt the boot process then choose from which device you wish to boot
At the question "interact with IPL > " yes
at isl prompt:
ISL > hpux -is

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Path of Recycle Bin on Windows

hello everybody, I am trying to find the path of the Recycle Bin. I know that it's a temporary storage place, but it should have a path that we can refer to. I want to know it because I sometimes use cygwin to work on Windows, and when you delete something with it, it's gone. I just checked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recycle Bin Script

Hello, I have having problems with an assignment and am pretty desperate. My assignment is to create a shell script that does a Recycle_Bin tasks. You can only open this with PuTTY software or Knoppix. Perhaps on other software that are able to read linux language. My part is stuck... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chueu
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to recycle old passwords by modifying /etc/passwd file ?

hi, has anyone here tried to recycle old passwords by copying something out of the passwd file and paste them back into the same passwd file ? can it work this way ? some of our applications passwords are expiring but they cannot be change due to application concerns, so therefore we must... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
7 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

UNIX Recycle Bin - restore function

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: A set of Linux shell scripts is required to allow users to ‘remove' files without them really disappearing until... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: burn88
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with my recycle bin code

Hi~ I have a problem with my recycle bin code. #!/bin/bash if test !-d ~/.recyclebin #if recycle bin does not exists then mkdir ~/.recyclebin # then create recycle bin else mv $1 ~/.recyclebin #else move the deleted file in the recycle bin fi so when I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zel2zel
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recycle Bin

what is recycle bin mode in unix??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun508.gatike
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recycle Jboss server script

Hello, I need help writing a script to restart our Jboss server when it crashes. I am not very good with scripting but here is the basics. 1) I'm hoping to use KornShell 2) The command to stop the Jboss is "/var/opt/HP/ALM/jboss/bin/run.sh stop" 3) I want to verify the jboss is stopped before... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blogger11
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recycle bin on minix 3.2.1?

Hi. I'm started to use minix 3.2.1 recently and I'm trying to create a recycle bin for it. I'm kinda struggling on how to do it. I searched internet and I found scripts created for it but I actually didn't learn how to create scripts in college and I'm not sure if I understand them. I just wanted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ReonarudoB
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recycle bin.

Hi. I've created scripts for a recycle bin that can list, restore and empty it. I only have the problem of deleting two files with the same name. When I do it one file overwrite the other. What could I do to resolve it? The only thing I can think is asking the user to rename file before moving to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ReonarudoB
2 Replies
telnetd(8c)															       telnetd(8c)

Name
       telnetd - DARPA TELNET protocol server

Syntax
       /etc/telnetd

Description
       The  server  supports the DARPA standard TELNET virtual terminal protocol.  The TELNET server is invoked when receives a connection request
       on the port indicated in the TELNET service description.

The server operates by allocating a pseudo-terminal device for a client, then creating a login process which has  the  slave  side  of  the
       pseudo-terminal	as stdin, stdout, and stderr.  The server manipulates the master side of the pseudo terminal, implementing the TELNET pro-
       tocol and passing characters between the client and login process.

When a TELNET session is started up, sends a TELNET option to the client side indicating a willingness to do remote echo of characters,	to
       suppress  go  ahead, and to receive terminal type information from the remote client.  If the remote client is willing, the remote terminal
       type is propagated in the environment of the created login process.  The pseudo terminal allocated to the client is configured  to  operate
       in cooked mode and with XTABS and CRMOD enabled.

Aside  from  this  initial  setup, the only mode changes will carry out are those required for echoing characters at the client side of the
       connection.

The server supports binary mode, suppress go ahead, echo, and timing mark.  It also allows a remote client to do binary, terminal type, and
       suppress go ahead.

Restrictions
       Some TELNET commands are only partially implemented.

The TELNET protocol allows the exchange of the number of lines and columns on the user's terminal, but does not make use of them.

The terminal type name received from the remote client is converted to lower case.

The server never sends TELNET go ahead commands.

See Also
       telnet(1c), pty(4), tty(4), services(5), inetd(8c)

telnetd(8c)