Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications How to delete a user account in linux bases application. Post 302210939 by incredible on Wednesday 2nd of July 2008 09:31:18 AM
Old 07-02-2008
what do you mean by "block" a user?
as sureshcisco emntioned, you can only lock or delete users. if you're talking abt RBAC, its different issueSmilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

configure User account in linux

Got the answer as it can be done using yast tool in SUSE linux (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Application Account with System GID - Confirm or rebut my though on the risk?

You guys tell me. Am I wrong on this one? If so, where is the hole in my thoughts? Thanks, Duke Specs: Solaris version of Unix "ROOT" primary group is "other" (GID = 1) Application account (not system account) is assigned to the "other" GID (1). Issue: Application... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: F150 Duke
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to reactivate expired account in Linux as a root user

I am an administrator of a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system. Now one account expired. I wonder how to reactivate the account. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

4. Linux

How to delete a user account in linux bases application.

Hi, Can anyone please guide me how can I remove/block a user from a server access. /usr/sbin/adduser -d /home/john john echo ****** | passwd --stdin john I used the above command to add a user "john". How do I delete and block john. Appreciate your responses. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

startx by non-root user account in red hat linux kernel 2.6

How can I use the command "startx" by other user account such as "oracle" ?? I cannot startx by user account oracle ?? How to fix it ??? Any adivce ??? I use red hat linux kernel 2.6 $ startx Fatal server error: PAM authentication failed, cannot start X server. Perhaps you do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

User account migrate from solaris to linux

Hi, I have to move user account from solaris to Linux environment because I don't want user to create password again in Linux environment, so could somebody confirm me how to do it, I know there are files /etc/groups, /etc/passwd and /etc/shadows need to copy but somebody confirm me what is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnaumanca
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Management application user rights on the files in a Unix / Linux

good evening .. I have a plea, who I can help me with a management application user rights on the files in a Unix / Linux I need for college .. .. and not told us no clue .. thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex90
1 Replies
DOVEADM-AUTH(1) 						      Dovecot							   DOVEADM-AUTH(1)

NAME
doveadm-auth - Test authentication for a user SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] auth [-a auth_socket_path] [-x auth_info] user [password] DESCRIPTION
The auth command can be used to test the authentication for the given user. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. Command specific options: -a auth_socket_path This option is used to specify an absolute path to an alternative UNIX domain socket. By default doveadm(1) will use the socket /var/run/dovecot/auth-client. The socket may be located in another directory, when the default base_dir setting was overridden in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf. -x auth_info auth_info specifies additional conditions for the auth command. The auth_info option string has to be given as name=value pair. For multiple conditions the -x option could be supplied multiple times. Possible names for the auth_info are: service The service for which the authentication lookup should be tested. The value may be the name of a service, commonly used with Dovecot. For example: imap, pop3 or smtp. lip The local IP address (server) for the test. rip The remote IP address (client) for the test. lport The local port, e.g. 143 rport The remote port, e.g. 24567 ARGUMENTS
user The user's login name. Depending on the configuration, the login name may be for example jane or john@example.com. password Optionally the user's password. doveadm(1) will prompt for the password, if none was given. EXAMPLE
This example demonstrates an imap authentication test for user john, assuming the user is connected from the host with the IP address 192.0.2.143. doveadm auth -x service=imap -x rip=192.0.2.143 john johns_password passdb: john auth succeeded extra fields: user=john REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1), doveconf(1) Dovecot v2.2 2010-06-09 DOVEADM-AUTH(1)