Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: String and pointer problem
Top Forums Programming String and pointer problem Post 302210928 by shamrock on Wednesday 2nd of July 2008 09:06:43 AM
Old 07-02-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumar_mca
now i trim the left space by my function . Si the string now becomes

"X1 " ---> string lenght is 15

I want this string as 30 character array , when i tried to print after trining the space it is becoming 15 in length
Can you show the source of the trim function

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with function which reutrns pointer to a value

i have a function: char *pcCityIdToCountryName(ADMIN_DB_DATA *pstHEader, unit uiCityID) this returns a pointer to CountryName if cityId is given. to retrieve countryname i give: char *CountryName; CountryName = pcCityIdToCountryName(..................); but when i compile it is giving :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
5 Replies

2. Programming

pointer problem

could any one tell why the following is showing segmentation fault while using **ptr but working fine using **a #include<stdio.h> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

3. Programming

pass a pointer-to-pointer, or return a pointer?

If one wants to get a start address of a array or a string or a block of memory via a function, there are at least two methods to achieve it: (1) one is to pass a pointer-to-pointer parameter, like: int my_malloc(int size, char **pmem) { *pmem=(char *)malloc(size); if(*pmem==NULL)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronwong
11 Replies

4. Programming

segfault in pointer to string program

hello all, my question is not about How code can be rewritten, i just wanna know even though i am not using read only memory of C (i have declared str) why this function gives me segfault :wall:and the other code executes comfortably though both code uses same pointer arithmetic. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zius_oram
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting vowels in string. "Comparison pointer-integer".

I'm trying to write a programme which scans strings to find how many vowels they contain. I get an error saying that I'm trying to compare a pointer and an integer inif(*v == scanme){. How can I overcome this ? Also, the programme seems to scan only the first word of a string e.g.: if I type "abc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fakuse
1 Replies

6. Programming

unidirectional linked list pointer problem

I am trying to test some operations on a directed list. However, the declaration of a pointer is giving me trouble. I seem to have done something incorrectly because I get an error: "listtest.c:29: warning: 'p' may be used uninitialized in this function" Can anyone help? This is my code... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluetxxth
6 Replies

7. Programming

pointer problem

Does anyone know? int x = 1; int *p = &++x; //ok ! int *q = &x++; //gives an error :O why the first pointer is ok but the second is an error? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishrestha
13 Replies

8. Programming

How i use pointer as a string in c programing?

I'm newbie learner. My all friend use windows just only me use linux. so i can't solve any problem by myself. i need a solution. how can i use pointer as a string. #include<string.h> #include<stdio.h> int main() { char *s='\0'; gets(s); puts(s); return 0; } This code work on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raihan004
6 Replies

9. Programming

Scanf() string pointer problem

I have a problem with scanf() for string pointer as member of a struct. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> struct Student { int studentNumber; int phoneNumber; char *studentName; //line 7 // char studentName; //line 8 }; int... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
10 Replies

10. Programming

String pointer does not work

Hello, I am trying to reverse complement one string and reverse another (NO complement!), both with pointer. My code compiled without error, but did not do the job I wanted. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <zlib.h> #include "kseq.h" // STEP 1: declare the type of file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies
LTRIM(3)								 1								  LTRIM(3)

ltrim - Strip whitespace (or other characters) from the beginning of a string

SYNOPSIS
string ltrim (string $str, [string $character_mask]) DESCRIPTION
Strip whitespace (or other characters) from the beginning of a string. PARAMETERS
o $str - The input string. o $character_mask - You can also specify the characters you want to strip, by means of the $character_mask parameter. Simply list all characters that you want to be stripped. With .. you can specify a range of characters. RETURN VALUES
This function returns a string with whitespace stripped from the beginning of $str. Without the second parameter, ltrim(3) will strip these characters: o " " (ASCII 32 ( 0x20)), an ordinary space. o " " (ASCII 9 ( 0x09)), a tab. o " " (ASCII 10 ( 0x0A)), a new line (line feed). o " " (ASCII 13 ( 0x0D)), a carriage return. o "" (ASCII 0 ( 0x00)), the NUL-byte. o "x0B" (ASCII 11 ( 0x0B)), a vertical tab. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Usage example of ltrim(3) <?php $text = " These are a few words :) ... "; $binary = "x09Example stringx0A"; $hello = "Hello World"; var_dump($text, $binary, $hello); print " "; $trimmed = ltrim($text); var_dump($trimmed); $trimmed = ltrim($text, " ."); var_dump($trimmed); $trimmed = ltrim($hello, "Hdle"); var_dump($trimmed); // trim the ASCII control characters at the beginning of $binary // (from 0 to 31 inclusive) $clean = ltrim($binary, "x00..x1F"); var_dump($clean); ?> The above example will output: string(32) " These are a few words :) ... " string(16) " Example string " string(11) "Hello World" string(30) "These are a few words :) ... " string(30) "These are a few words :) ... " string(7) "o World" string(15) "Example string " SEE ALSO
trim(3), rtrim(3). PHP Documentation Group LTRIM(3)