Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Is M$ safer than UN*X(-LIKE)?? Post 302210774 by blowtorch on Wednesday 2nd of July 2008 12:37:42 AM
Old 07-02-2008
In your case Per, its the file that was infected. I wouldn't say that your Solaris server was infected, but it did act as a host/carrier.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Nuclear Elephant iPhone Wipe making your iPhone Safer for Resale

For those with the iPhones here might read up how to wipe your personal data off the phone before reselling or trade-in. ;) source: Nuclear Elephant: iPhone Wipe June 1, 2008: Making your iPhone Safe for Resale Since my posts regarding the iPhone restore mode being insufficient for wiping... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

# /UNIX.org file deleting is safer or not

Hi All, Please tell me the use of # /Unix.org file it has reserved a huge disk space, I want to know is it safer to truncate or delete. Thanks - Rukshan.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rukshan4u2c
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why is editing a file by renaming the new one safer?

Hello: I've been reading about ways to edit files from the command line, and I've found two websites which state that the following is the safest way to edit a file: command original > new mv new originalThat is, renaming the newer file to the previous one. This is what the websites I mentioned... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cacializ
8 Replies
yppoll(1M)						  System Administration Commands						yppoll(1M)

NAME
yppoll - return current version of a NIS map at a NIS server host SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/yppoll [-d ypdomain] [-h host] mapname DESCRIPTION
The yppoll command asks a ypserv() process what the order number is, and which host is the master NIS server for the named map. OPTIONS
-d ypdomain Use ypdomain instead of the default domain. -h host Ask the ypserv process at host about the map parameters. If host is not specified, the NIS server for the local host is used. That is, the default host is the one returned by ypwhich(1). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ypwhich(1), ypfiles(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 14 Sep 1992 yppoll(1M)