Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Is M$ safer than UN*X(-LIKE)?? Post 302210764 by Smiling Dragon on Tuesday 1st of July 2008 11:13:41 PM
Old 07-02-2008
There's malware out there for mac and linux. Don't get too cocky there Smilie

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Nuclear Elephant iPhone Wipe making your iPhone Safer for Resale

For those with the iPhones here might read up how to wipe your personal data off the phone before reselling or trade-in. ;) source: Nuclear Elephant: iPhone Wipe June 1, 2008: Making your iPhone Safe for Resale Since my posts regarding the iPhone restore mode being insufficient for wiping... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

# /UNIX.org file deleting is safer or not

Hi All, Please tell me the use of # /Unix.org file it has reserved a huge disk space, I want to know is it safer to truncate or delete. Thanks - Rukshan.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rukshan4u2c
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why is editing a file by renaming the new one safer?

Hello: I've been reading about ways to edit files from the command line, and I've found two websites which state that the following is the safest way to edit a file: command original > new mv new originalThat is, renaming the newer file to the previous one. This is what the websites I mentioned... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cacializ
8 Replies
ARP(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  ARP(3pm)

NAME
ARP - Perl extension for creating ARP packets SYNOPSIS
use Net::ARP; Net::ARP::send_packet('lo', # Device '127.0.0.1', # Source IP '127.0.0.1', # Destination IP 'aa:bb:cc:aa:bb:cc', # Source MAC 'aa:bb:cc:aa:bb:cc', # Destinaton MAC 'reply'); # ARP operation $mac = Net::ARP::get_mac("eth0"); print "$mac "; $mac = Net::ARP::arp_lookup($dev,"192.168.1.1"); print "192.168.1.1 has got mac $mac "; IMPORTANT Version 1.0 will break with the API of PRE-1.0 versions, because the return value of arp_lookup() and get_mac() will no longer be passed as parameter, but returned! I hope this decision is ok as long as we get a cleaner and more perlish API. DESCRIPTION This module can be used to create and send ARP packets and to get the mac address of an ethernet interface or ip address. send_packet() Net::ARP::send_packet('lo', # Device '127.0.0.1', # Source IP '127.0.0.1', # Destination IP 'aa:bb:cc:aa:bb:cc', # Source MAC 'aa:bb:cc:aa:bb:cc', # Destinaton MAC 'reply'); # ARP operation I think this is self documentating. ARP operation can be one of the following values: request, reply, revrequest, revreply, invrequest, invreply. The default ARP operation is reply. get_mac() $mac = Net::ARP::get_mac("eth0"); This gets the MAC address of the eth0 interface and stores it in the variable $mac. The return value is "unknown" if the mac cannot be looked up. arp_lookup() $mac = Net::ARP::arp_lookup($dev,"192.168.1.1"); This looks up the MAC address for the ip address 192.168.1.1 and stores it in the variable $mac. The return value is "unknown" if the mac cannot be looked up. SEE ALSO
man -a arp AUTHOR
Bastian Ballmann [ Balle@chaostal.de ] http://www.datenterrorist.de COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2004-2007 by Bastian Ballmann This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.1 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2009-04-24 ARP(3pm)