Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to get filesystem usage in c Post 302210746 by mika on Tuesday 1st of July 2008 09:15:00 PM
Old 07-01-2008
shamrock ,thank you very much!
The getmntent() system call is exactly what i want.

jim, thank you all the same for your concern!
I know how to get filesystem mounted and its usage by using shell command.
but i just want to program in c so as to inform sysadmin when a filesystem usage reach certain limit.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Filesystem Usage

Hi Guys... I want to change the below script to send an alert when my file system is greater than 5G. # If any filesystem has less than 5k, issue an alert if Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
3 Replies

3. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystem Usage Script

Hey guys I am learning Linux and I am working on script for a college class project to check usage of file system. I pulled this from a different site but have to tweak it a little to work but I still get errors. Here is what I got so far. ALERT=5 function main_prog() { while read output;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcsx6245
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystem usage with more than 80%.

Hi All, I need to display the output of rah "df -m" only for the filesysytems those are touching or crossing 80%. Im using SuSE Linux box and the output of original rah command is- /dev/NODE0001 557900 446681 83319 75% /db2fs/NODE0001 /dev/NODE0002 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

8. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem usage discrepancy after "copy"

I have a query someone may be able to shed some light on... We have a Solaris 10 OS Sun V490 server Sparc. I have a SAN attached EMC Clarrion LUN which we have app data stored on. Pseudo name=emcpower0a CLARiiON ID=CK200070300470 Due to storage requirements - I need to migrate this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ru4n1
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Space usage by top 5 users in a filesystem

I want to see top 5 users,who have occupied most amount of disk space in a filesystem. But not sure how to do it. I can get the usage for a particular user find . -user user -type f exec df -h {} \;|awk '{ s = s+$1 } END { print "Total used: ",s }' But how to get without specifying any user... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rka
6 Replies
QUOTAON(8)						      System Manager's Manual							QUOTAON(8)

NAME
quotaon, quotaoff - turn filesystem quotas on and off SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/quotaon [ -vugfp ] [ -F format-name ] filesystem... /usr/sbin/quotaon [ -avugfp ] [ -F format-name ] /usr/sbin/quotaoff [ -vugp ] [ -x state ] filesystem... /usr/sbin/quotaoff [ -avugp ] DESCRIPTION
quotaon quotaon announces to the system that disk quotas should be enabled on one or more filesystems. The filesystem quota files must be present in the root directory of the specified filesystem and be named either aquota.user (for version 2 user quota), quota.user (for version 1 user quota), aquota.group (for version 2 group quota), or quota.group (for version 1 group quota). XFS filesystems are a special case - XFS considers quota information as filesystem metadata and uses journaling to provide a higher level guarantee of consistency. There are two components to the XFS disk quota system: accounting and limit enforcement. XFS filesystems require that quota accounting be turned on at mount time. It is possible to enable and disable limit enforcement on an XFS filesystem after quota accounting is already turned on. The default is to turn on both accounting and enforcement. The XFS quota implementation does not maintain quota information in user-visible files, but rather stores this information internally. quotaoff quotaoff announces to the system that the specified filesystems should have any disk quotas turned off. OPTIONS
quotaon -F, --format=format-name Report quota for specified format (ie. don't perform format autodetection). Possible format names are: vfsold Original quota format with 16-bit UIDs / GIDs, vfsv0 Quota format with 32-bit UIDs / GIDs, 64-bit space usage, 32-bit inode usage and limits, vfsv1 Quota format with 64-bit quota limits and usage, xfs (quota on XFS filesystem) -a, --all All automatically mounted (no noauto option) non-NFS filesystems in /etc/fstab with quotas will have their quotas turned on. This is normally used at boot time to enable quotas. -v, --verbose Display a message for each filesystem where quotas are turned on. -u, --user Manipulate user quotas. This is the default. -g, --group Manipulate group quotas. -p, --print-state Instead of turning quotas on just print state of quotas (ie. whether. quota is on or off) -x, --xfs-command enforce Switch on limit enforcement for XFS filesystems. This is the default action for any XFS filesystem. This option is only applicable to XFS, and is silently ignored for other filesystem types. -f, --off Make quotaon behave like being called as quotaoff. quotaoff -F, --format=format-name Report quota for specified format (ie. don't perform format autodetection). Possible format names are: vfsold (version 1 quota), vfsv0 (version 2 quota), xfs (quota on XFS filesystem) -a, --all Force all filesystems in /etc/fstab to have their quotas disabled. -v, --verbose Display a message for each filesystem affected. -u, --user Manipulate user quotas. This is the default. -g, --group Manipulate group quotas. -p, --print-state Instead of turning quotas off just print state of quotas (ie. whether. quota is on or off) -x, --xfs-command delete Free up the space used to hold quota information (maintained internally) within XFS. This option is only applicable to XFS, and is silently ignored for other filesystem types. It can only be used on a filesystem with quota previously turned off. -x, --xfs-command enforce Switch off limit enforcement for XFS filesystems (perform quota accounting only). This is the default action for any XFS filesystem. This option is only applicable to XFS, and is silently ignored for other filesystem types. -x, --xfs-command account This option can be used to disable quota accounting. It is not possible to enable quota accounting by quota tools. Use mount(8) for that. This option is only applicable to XFS filesystems, and is silently ignored for other filesystem types. NOTES ON XFS FILESYSTEMS
To enable quotas on an XFS filesystem, use mount(8) or /etc/fstab quota option to enable both accounting and limit enforcement. quotaon utility cannot be used for this purpose. Turning on quotas on an XFS root filesystem requires the quota mount options be passed into the kernel at boot time through the Linux root- flags boot option. To turn off quota limit enforcement on any XFS filesystem, first make sure that quota accounting and enforcement are both turned on using repquota -v filesystem. Then, use quotaoff -v filesystem to disable limit enforcement. This may be done while the filesystem is mounted. Turning on quota limit enforcement on an XFS filesystem is achieved using quotaon -v filesystem. This may be done while the filesystem is mounted. FILES
aquota.user or aquota.group quota file at the filesystem root (version 2 quota, non-XFS filesystems) quota.user or quota.group quota file at the filesystem root (version 1 quota, non-XFS filesystems) /etc/fstab default filesystems SEE ALSO
quotactl(2), fstab(5), quota_nld(8), repquota(8), warnquota(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution QUOTAON(8)