Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Merging arrays
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merging arrays Post 302210738 by Perderabo on Tuesday 1st of July 2008 07:27:45 PM
Old 07-01-2008
Code:
$ cat merge
#! /usr/bin/ksh

set -A Array1 AB23 AB24
set -A Array2 DC00 CD01 CD02
count=0
i1=0
i2=0
while (( count < ${#Array1[*]} || count < ${#Array2[*]})) ; do
        echo ${Array1[i1]}${Array2[i2]}
        ((count=count+1))
        ((i1=(i1+1)%${#Array1[*]}))
        ((i2=(i2+1)%${#Array2[*]}))
done
exit 0
$ ./merge
AB23DC00
AB24CD01
AB23CD02
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging Help

Hi Gurus, I need a help in merging the files. I have nearly 7 files and the files will have time stamp in it. I need to merger these files condition is it is not necessary that all the 7 files has to be there. suppose if i have only 3 files availabe out of these 7 then i need to merge... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarc
3 Replies

2. Web Development

PHP arrays in arrays

PHP question... I have an SQL query that's pulled back user IDs as a set of columns. Rather than IDs, I want to use their names. So I have an array of columns $col with values 1,7,3,12 etc and I've got an array $person with values "Fred", "Bert", "Tom" etc So what I want to do is display the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging

Hi all, I have 2 files. I want to merge a portion or column in file 2 into file 1. file 1 - not tab or space delimited B_1 gihgjfhdj| hgfkddlldjljldjlddl B_2 gihgjddshjgfhs| hgfkddlldjljldjlddl B_3 gihgjfhdj| hgfkddlldjljldjlddlhgjdhdhjdhjhdjhdjhgdj file2 -... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl : merging two arrays on basis of common parameter

I have 2 arrays, @array1 contains records in the format 1|_|X|_|ssd|_| 4|_|H|_|hbd|_| 9|_|Y|_|u8gjdfg|_| @array2 contains records in the format X|_|asdf|_| Y|_|qwer|_| A|_|9kdkf|_| @array3 should contain records in the PLz X|_|ssd|_|asdf|_| Y|_|hdb|_|qwer|_| PLZ dont use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: centurion_13
2 Replies

5. Programming

question about int arrays and file pointer arrays

if i declare both but don't input any variables what values will the int array and file pointer array have on default, and if i want to reset any of the elements of both arrays to default, should i just set it to 0 or NULL or what? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two files with merging line by line

Hi, I have two files and i want to merge it like, file1.txt --------- abc cde efg file2.txt ------- 111 222 333 Output file should be, -------------- abc 111 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging

Hi, I have searched the forums for a solution but I haven't found a perfect answer, and I'm a bit of a novice, so I hope someone can help: I have 2 files: file1: Chr1 139311 1/1:37,3,0:19 Chr1 139350 1/1:67,6,0:19 Chr1 139404 1/1:0,0,0:7 Chr1 152655 0/1:0,0,0:3 Chr1 152718... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ljk
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging 2 Arrays

I am trying to create a script that combines 2 arrays: #!/bin/bash read -a unix #(a c e g) read -a test #(b d f) #now I want to merge ${unix} with ${test}, one after another such that the result would be: (abcdefg) #I've tried quite a few options and can't seem to make it work (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbmitch
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging 2 Arrays in a script

I am creating (with help) my own version of a calculator script that simply merges 2 arrays ( ${a}${b}${a}${b}... etc ) #!/bin/bash echo "Enter the integers you would like to calculate" read -a nums echo "You entered ${#nums} integers" let batch="${#nums}-1" echo "Enter how you want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbmitch
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on merging

I have a total of 100 files (variable size of each file) with total size of 328950 bytes. I want to merge those 100 files into 4 files with each size be close to equal size i.e (328950/4 ~= 82238) but do not want to break any file. Any unix sheel script help will be really helpful. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: George1234
18 Replies
ARRAY_REPLACE_RECURSIVE(3)						 1						ARRAY_REPLACE_RECURSIVE(3)

array_replace_recursive - Replaces elements from passed arrays into the first array recursively

SYNOPSIS
array array_replace_recursive (array $array1, array $array2, [array $...]) DESCRIPTION
array_replace_recursive(3) replaces the values of $array1 with the same values from all the following arrays. If a key from the first array exists in the second array, its value will be replaced by the value from the second array. If the key exists in the second array, and not the first, it will be created in the first array. If a key only exists in the first array, it will be left as is. If several arrays are passed for replacement, they will be processed in order, the later array overwriting the previous values. array_replace_recursive(3) is recursive : it will recurse into arrays and apply the same process to the inner value. When the value in $array1 is scalar, it will be replaced by the value in $array2, may it be scalar or array. When the value in $array1 and $array2 are both arrays, array_replace_recursive(3) will replace their respective value recursively. PARAMETERS
o $array1 - The array in which elements are replaced. o $array2 - The array from which elements will be extracted. o $... - Optional. More arrays from which elements will be extracted. RETURN VALUES
Returns an array, or NULL if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_replace_recursive(3) example <?php $base = array('citrus' => array( "orange") , 'berries' => array("blackberry", "raspberry"), ); $replacements = array('citrus' => array('pineapple'), 'berries' => array('blueberry')); $basket = array_replace_recursive($base, $replacements); print_r($basket); $basket = array_replace($base, $replacements); print_r($basket); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [citrus] => Array ( [0] => pineapple ) [berries] => Array ( [0] => blueberry [1] => raspberry ) ) Array ( [citrus] => Array ( [0] => pineapple ) [berries] => Array ( [0] => blueberry ) ) Example #2 array_replace_recursive(3) and recursive behavior <?php $base = array('citrus' => array("orange") , 'berries' => array("blackberry", "raspberry"), 'others' => 'banana' ); $replacements = array('citrus' => 'pineapple', 'berries' => array('blueberry'), 'others' => array('litchis')); $replacements2 = array('citrus' => array('pineapple'), 'berries' => array('blueberry'), 'others' => 'litchis'); $basket = array_replace_recursive($base, $replacements, $replacements2); print_r($basket); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [citrus] => Array ( [0] => pineapple ) [berries] => Array ( [0] => blueberry [1] => raspberry ) [others] => litchis ) SEE ALSO
array_replace(3), array_merge_recursive(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_REPLACE_RECURSIVE(3)