Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) which file is sourced by bash on login (Mac OS X 10.5.3)? Post 302210662 by [MA]Flying_Meat on Tuesday 1st of July 2008 02:33:13 PM
Old 07-01-2008
This might not be exactly the answer you were looking for, but put this in your .bash_profile

#path info
export PATH="$PATH:/your/test/path/here"

Quit the Terminal application (not just closing the window), and relaunch the terminal.
You $PATH should reflect the change.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit from sourced script

Hello, I have written a script (say chld.sh). its structure is as follows: ------------------------ #!/bin/sh usage() { echo "chld.sh <param1> <param2>" exit 0 } chk_param_1() { case $param1 in c) export PATH=$PATH:/home_a/bin/execs;; d) export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angad.makkar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Sourced file location

The sample scripts below, I am looking for the location of the sourced b.sh file. The b.sh file is source by multiple files, so it is not feasible to rely on a "global" variable or passed argument. Is there any way to determine the location of b.sh within b.sh? a.sh #!/bin/ksh echo "a:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Al262
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

What settings are required for login to CVS using Terminal in Mac OS X?

Hi All, I want to login to CVS using terminal. I am executing the following command in the terminal :- export CVSROOT=: pserver:ags_rd@istcvs.corp.apple.com:/istcvs/CVSHOME cvs login But i get the following error : Afreens-iMac:buildTest Afreen$ export CVSROOT=:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Afreen
3 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

What settings are required for login to CVS using Terminal in Mac OS X?

Hi All, I want to login to CVS using terminal. I am executing the following command in the terminal :- export CVSROOT=: pserver:ags_rd@istcvs.corp.apple.com:/istcvs/CVSHOME cvs login But i get the following error : Afreens-iMac:buildTest Afreen$ export CVSROOT=:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Afreen
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quitting from a script, either sourced or not

This is a very simple problem, I am wondering why I can find no answer anywhere... I have a script that can be run either sourced or not. This script has some place where it needs to quit execution (e.g., when an error is found) If I "exit", the sourced call would exit the parent shell, but... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadMage
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

bash Linux login file

Hello all new to linux here... Please help,... when using Pico how can I open and edit the bash Linux login file (stored in your Linux root directory). I would like to add the new commands for items listed below. a) display contents of a directory => mycd b) display date and time =>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannyboy02
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved] Where & what bash env file, Mac OS?

Hi! I wanted to simplify my bash prompt, so I edited my etc/bashrc file. I thought this was the file that would override any other env files. When I opened it, I saw that the way it was setup was not what my prompt looked like, although I forget exactly what was there. But i edited it the way I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudon't
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-PATH(1) 						   systemd-path 						   SYSTEMD-PATH(1)

NAME
systemd-path - List and query system and user paths SYNOPSIS
systemd-path [OPTIONS...] [NAME...] DESCRIPTION
systemd-path may be used to query system and user paths. The tool makes many of the paths described in file-hierarchy(7) available for querying. When invoked without arguments, a list of known paths and their current values is shown. When at least one argument is passed, the path with this name is queried and its value shown. The variables whose name begins with "search-" do not refer to individual paths, but instead to a list of colon-separated search paths, in their order of precedence. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --suffix= The printed paths are suffixed by the specified string. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), file-hierarchy(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-PATH(1)