Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Different Sender Address
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Different Sender Address Post 302210658 by jhtrice on Tuesday 1st of July 2008 02:29:29 PM
Old 07-01-2008

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx sender address customisation

Hi All, I'm on UNIX -Solaris... I'm trying to send mail usin Mailx..... The script is working fine and attachments are also being sent.... BUT, when I receive the mail,, the sender address shown is the unix login id name.... Any way by which I could manipulate this in my script command or any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasan_srini
1 Replies

2. AIX

Change sender e-mail address

When sending emails to the outside world, aix present itself as d_prod@production1.pdc.itercom.org. This is causing some issue with our e-mail server. So we need to change the name to d_prod@itercom.org... Does any one know how this can be accomplished? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchiang12
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sender email address has to changes

I am sending email with attachment using mail and uuencode command. Ex: (echo "$EMAIL_BODY"; uuencode $FILE ATTACH.TXT) || mail "$EMAIL_ID" -s "$EMAIL_SUB" I am getting email from "applmgr@rigelapp01.us.dell.com". I want to change this email address into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajiora
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

postfix sender address rewriting

Hi, I have a postfix server that relays to an exchange server. All of my unix/linux systems send to this server, the problem is the form the mail is sent with, the sender address is username@hostname.domain.local I need to rewrite every sender address to unix@maildomain.com for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the sender Email address to Alias

Hi All, I want to change the email address of the sender to some alias for eg: FROM:noreplyecommerce@test.com needs to be changes to TEST Please help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sithara
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to change sender email address in mail -s command

Just having trouble trying to figure out what the option is. When I do mail -s "Subject" someuser@example.com I can't seem to specify "from" or "sender" option as I need it for my task. I tried using --f or -f though it didn't work. Can someone please tell me what other option... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
0 Replies

7. Solaris

How to force Sendmail to Rewrite Sender Address?

Need to change sender email id from applmgr@<hostname>.<domain-name> to applmgr@domain-name. Understand we can change in the sendmail.cf where $j is the hostname.domain-name.. can anyone show the exact value to change? Thank you. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
8 Replies

8. Linux

Sendmail has these errors--Domain of sender address <root@time.com> does not exist

Does anyone has a clue of what is going on here? It was working few days ago. /etc/hosts looks ok, sendmail does restart without any errors, telnet is successful. I will be happy to send you guys any output required. Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 553 #5.1.8 Domain of sender address... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change the sender's name or E-mail address in mutt command

Can any one help me in this ??? How to change sender's name or email address in Mutt command??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathi
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command to include sender address

Hi, I m using mailx to send email. I am using sender=server name(display name) echo "body" | mailx -s "subject" -b "bcc address" "to address" -- -f "$sender". I should get email with sender as only display name. In stead i am getting displayname@server address. Please suggest Use code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usrrenny
1 Replies
mhmail(1)						      General Commands Manual							 mhmail(1)

NAME
mhmail - send or read mail (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
mhmail [addrs...] [options] OPTIONS
Specifies the text of the message. If it is specified, then the standard input is not read. Specifies addresses to be placed in the cc: field of the message. Specifies the content of the From: header of the draft. The address given is placed in the From: field of the mes- sage. The Sender: field is filled in correctly by post. Prints a list of the valid options for this command. Specifies the mail system over which mail is sent. The only value allowed is smtp, which is the standard mail system. Additional values are supported only for use with other mail systems. Provides the text of the Subject: field of the message. DESCRIPTION
The mhmail program is intended as a replacement for the standard mail programs, bellmail and ucbmail. See binmail(1) and mail(1) for more details of these mail programs. When invoked without arguments, it simply invokes inc to incorporate new messages from the user's maildrop. When one or more users is specified, a message is read from the standard input and spooled to a temporary file. The mhmail program then invokes post with the name of the temporary file as its argument to deliver the message to the specified user. Normally, people will use comp and send to send messages. RESTRICTIONS
Messages with a null body part will not be sent by mhmail. You must include some body text in all messages to be sent by mhmail. For this version, the -mts option only supports the value smtp. Additional values are supported for use only with other mail systems. FILES
Program to incorporate a maildrop into a folder. Program to deliver a message. Temporary copy of message. SEE ALSO
inc(1), post(8) mhmail(1)