Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mounting
Operating Systems BSD Mounting Post 302210654 by sniper007 on Tuesday 1st of July 2008 02:15:05 PM
Old 07-01-2008
Mounting

Hi

I mounted disk which have two partition C: , D: ( i am not sure if both partition have same file system) with this commad:

Code:
mount -t msdosfs /dev/ad2s1 /mnt/windows

but this is mounted only first partition with fat file system. ( in windows XP C: )

How can i mount another partition D: ?

this is fdisk for /dev/ad2

Code:
 [root@fbsd1 /mnt/windows 19:58:37] #  fdisk /dev/ad2
******* Working on device /dev/ad2 *******
parameters extracted from in-core disklabel are:
cylinders=77504 heads=16 sectors/track=63 (1008 blks/cyl)

Figures below won't work with BIOS for partitions not in cyl 1
parameters to be used for BIOS calculations are:
cylinders=77504 heads=16 sectors/track=63 (1008 blks/cyl)

Media sector size is 512
Warning: BIOS sector numbering starts with sector 1
Information from DOS bootblock is:
The data for partition 1 is:
sysid 12 (0x0c),(DOS or Windows 95 with 32 bit FAT (LBA))
    start 63, size 20487537 (10003 Meg), flag 80 (active)
        beg: cyl 0/ head 1/ sector 1;
        end: cyl 1023/ head 239/ sector 63
The data for partition 2 is:
sysid 15 (0x0f),(Extended DOS (LBA))
    start 20487600, size 57607200 (28128 Meg), flag 0
        beg: cyl 1023/ head 239/ sector 63;
        end: cyl 1023/ head 239/ sector 63
The data for partition 3 is:
<UNUSED>
The data for partition 4 is:
<UNUSED>
 [root@fbsd1 /mnt/windows 20:04:41] #

using freebsd 6.3

tnx for help

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Mounting...?

Hi everyone, this is the first time I have ever properly used Linux - I run Red Hat Linux 8. I have two hardrives, my main 80gig, and my "extra" 15gig, I would like to be able to gain access to my 15gig and view the files. I know to view files on a floppy disk or a cd you need to mount the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mo0ness
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Mounting root

Hello, How do I mount root on networked machines in Solaris 2.5 and 7? I did it before but I lost the clue. Was it something in vfstab? root=? I want to give some machines or users rootaccess on other machines on the lan. Do I specify users or machines at the root is option? Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Albert
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting cdrom on DG/UX

Hi, I'm looking to mount a cd on an old AViiON system we have. No one here really has any expertise with this platform so any help will be appreciated. I * think* the device is sd(apsc(pci(1),B,0,7),5,0), however I'm not sure at all. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madesjardins
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting help.

Hello, I am trying to mount a second scsi hard drive on a SCO box. (5.0.5.) And I can't figure out what the device file for it is so I can mount it. Can anyone help me? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iconn
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting fs ext3

I'm trying to find a correct command that will mount a filesystem ext3 the device /dev/sda1 to mount point /mnt/usb but not allow any programs to run from it. I want to be honest as I've read the forum rules... This is a homework question BUT, i'm generally interested in the correct process and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CasperQuiet
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with mounting my USB

My previous post seems to be erased and I didn't get any help. I'm logged as root now but no mounting command seems to work, I've tried: Mount -t vfat /dev/sdc1 /mnt/USB Changing "sdc1" for hda1-7, and sdc1-7, and still nothing. Sometimes i get: "special device not found" and others "device... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dax01
4 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

mounting

I generally use mount many times to mount an iso image or as a bind between directories or mounting a squash file system. Y does one require root permission to do a mount --bind between two of his own directories or just mount an iso/squash image in directory he owns? Also I wish mount had an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbala
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mounting

I have a big confusion in mounting........so please tell me whats the exact meaning of it nd do other os have this concept or not? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mac91
8 Replies

9. HP-UX

Mounting LUN on HP 11.31

Hello, I want monting a LUN on a RX2660 I have created a LUN of 100Go with HP StorageWorks EVA and associated to my server. For the moment I see it with the command below but after i can't used it # ioscan -fnkC disk Class I H/W Path Driver S/W State H/W Type Description ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: letters
10 Replies
installgrub(1M)                                                                                                                    installgrub(1M)

NAME
installgrub - install GRUB in a disk partition or a floppy SYNOPSIS
/sbin/installgrub [-fm] stage1 stage2 raw-device The installgrub command is an -only program. GRUB stands for GRand Unified Bootloader. installgrub installs GRUB stage 1 and stage 2 files on the boot area of a disk partition. If you specify the -m option, installgrub installs the stage 1 file on the master boot sector of the disk. The installgrub command accepts the following options: -f Suppresses interaction when overwriting the master boot sector. -m Installs GRUB stage1 on the master boot sector interactively. The installgrub command accepts the following operands: stage1 The name of the GRUB stage 1 file. stage2 The name of the GRUB stage 2 file. raw-device The name of the device onto which GRUB code is to be installed. It must be a character device that is readable and writable. For disk devices, specify the slice where the GRUB menu file is located. (For Solaris it is the root slice.) For a floppy disk, it is /dev/rdiskette. Example 1: Installing GRUB on a Hard Disk Slice The following command installs GRUB on a system where the root slice is c0d0s0: example# /sbin/installgrub /boot/grub/stage1 /boot/grub/stage2 /dev/rdsk/c0d0s0 Example 2: Installing GRUB on a Floppy The following command installs GRUB on a formatted floppy: example# mount -F pcfs /dev/diskette /mnt # mkdir -p /mnt/boot/grub # cp /boot/grub/* /mnt/boot/grub # umount /mnt # cd /boot/grub # /sbin/installgrub stage1 stage2 /dev/rdiskette /boot/grub Directory where GRUB files reside. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ boot(1M), fdisk(1M), fmthard(1M), kernel(1M), attributes(5) Installing GRUB on the master boot sector (-m option) overrides any boot manager currently installed on the machine. The system will always boot the GRUB in the Solaris partition regardless of which fdisk partition is active. 24 May 2005 installgrub(1M)