Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux Shell Question: how to print the shell script name ? Post 302210646 by Roman Voznyuk on Tuesday 1st of July 2008 01:55:39 PM
Old 07-01-2008
echo $0

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to print '*' triangle

plz tell me how to print * triangle like this * ** *** **** ***** (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to print date and no.of records

hi all, i want script to print the output in the following format filename yyyy/mm/dd count where count= no.of records in the file Thanks in advance hemanthsaikumar (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print backslash in shell script using awk?

I found that echo "aaa" | awk '{print ",\\";}' works, and it will give "\". but ddd=`echo "aaa" | awk '{print ",\\";}'`; echo $ddd will not work. Could anyone tell me why? thank you. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wxuyec
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with shell script command to print

I have a file with similar line like below /u13/orabkup/u13/orabkup/abcd/arc82.123 Now I need to have only u13/orabkup/abcd/arc82.123 rather than /u13/orabkup/u13/orabkup/abcd/arc82.123 Kindly help me to print /u13/orabkup/ only once and the file name abcd/arc82.123.. Thanks & Regards... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anitha11889
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print 1 to 10 with space in shell script

Hi, I want to print 1 to 10 or upto any number sequentially with space in a single line. Like, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...... In shell script only.. Can anyone plz help me. Thanks: (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arup1980
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print statement in shell script

Hi All, when I executed the query in normal unix mode, the output is expected. if I executed the query using shell script, I am not getting the result. not sure whether I need to use dbms_output.put_line or echo. dbms_output.put_line("COUNTRY_CODE"||" "||"SUB_TYPE"||" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies
MSSQL_NUM_FIELDS(3)													       MSSQL_NUM_FIELDS(3)

mssql_num_fields - Gets the number of fields in result

SYNOPSIS
int mssql_num_fields (resource $result) DESCRIPTION
mssql_num_fields(3) returns the number of fields in a result set. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns the number of fields, as an integer. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_num_fields(3) example <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database $link = mssql_connect('KALLESPCSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php', $link); // Select some data from our database $data = mssql_query('SELECT [name], [age] FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]'); // Construct a table echo '<table border="1">'; $header = false; // Iterate through returned results while ($row = mssql_fetch_array($data)) { // Build the table header if (!$header) { echo '<thead>'; echo '<tr>'; for ($i = 1; ($i + 1) <= mssql_num_fields($data); ++$i) { echo '<td>' . ucfirst($row[$i]) . '</td>'; } echo '</tr>'; echo '</thead>'; echo '<tbody>'; $header = true; } // Build the row echo '<tr>'; foreach($row as $value) { echo '<td>' . $value . '</td>'; } echo '</tr>'; } // Close table echo '</tbody>'; echo '</table>'; // Clean up mssql_free_result($data); mssql_close($link); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_query(3), mssql_fetch_field(3), mssql_num_rows(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_NUM_FIELDS(3)