Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Excuting UNIX Functions under several username and host Post 302210586 by samvino on Tuesday 1st of July 2008 10:10:29 AM
Old 07-01-2008
Excuting UNIX Functions under several username and host

Hi,

I am facing a issue in one of my script, Please help me on the same. Below I have the example.

Example:
I have two functions(host(),user()) in a single file named test1.ksh

File Name: test1.ksh
host () {

HOST=`hostname`
echo "$HOST\n"
}
user () {

USER=`whoami`
echo "$USER\n"
}
Requirnment:

My requirnment is I need to excute the function host() on server1 under the username user1 and I need to excute the function user() on server2 under the username user2. How may I do this or if ther is any other optins please let me know.

From,
Sam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting username from a c program in unix

How to get the user name of the Operating system from a c program. eg:- -rw-r----- 1 gkuser srth1 292 Jul 27 19:28 u1.txt i need to get gkuser as the result? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
3 Replies

2. Programming

Similar functions in unix

Hi, I am windows programer. I have very basic knowledge of Unix OS. I have written an application in Windows which consists of Win32 API namely WideCharToMultiByte(..) and MultiByteToWideChar(..). I am interested to deploy my application in unix platform henceforth I need to know IS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dayakarr
1 Replies

3. Programming

Standard UNIX functions

Hi everybody, first of all i apologize if my thread's title doesn't make much sense,but i coudn't find a more appropriate name :) Then i apologize about my question,which probably will sound trivial for you :) :) I am working on a program which is being tested in Linux but the final target is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zipi
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix functions

Hi All, i have two functions in my script. question() { num=`ps -e | grep ps | awk -F" " '{print $1}'` qno=`expr $num % 10` grade=grade1 cat grade1/$qno answer ${grade} ${qno} } answer() { grade=$1 qno=$2 ansno=`wc -l $grade/ans/$qno | cut -d' ' -f1` j=0 while do (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Usha Shastri
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive functions in Unix

Hi Guys, Is there a way to write a recursive function in unix? Thanks for your help in advance, Regards, Magesh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

excuting the following code

hi i am trying the below code for the following |_ | |_ | |_ |_ | |_ |_ |_ | |_ |_ |_ |_ and for this code also * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * !/bin/bash #i = "*" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kullu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh script to get unix username of person executing it

Hi, I am writing a script, and I need to incorporate some logic where I can find out the unix username of the person who is executing the script. The issue is , a particular user could have "sesu" ed into a group id. for eg. root, and then executed the script. In that case, instead of root,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neil.k
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies

9. Programming

Getting username from an informix 4gl program in UNIX

How to get the user name of the Operating system from an Informix 4gl program. eg:- -rw-r----- 1 gkuser srth1 292 Jul 27 19:28 u1.txt i need to get gkuser as the result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enriquegm82
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not getting colorcode when excuting html in UNIX

Hi i have below code which i am running and the out i want should be in red color echo "<html>" >> ERROR_FILE.html echo "<Body>" >> ERROR_FILE.html nawk 'BEGIN{print "<table border="1">"} {print "<tr>"; print "<TD colspan="0" bgcolor="#DC143C">"; for(i=1;i<NF;i++)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
5 Replies
ftphosts(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       ftphosts(4)

NAME
ftphosts - ftpd individual user host access file SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The file is used to allow or deny access to certain accounts from various hosts. Access Capabilities The formats to allow and deny access are described in this section. addrglob [ addrglob... ] Only allow host(s) matching addrglob to log in as username. addrglob is a globbed domain name or a globbed numeric address. addrglob [ addrglob ... ] Always deny host(s) matching addrglob to log in as username. addrglob is a globbed domain name or a globbed numeric address. A username of or specifies the anonymous user. The addrglob can also be specified as address/cidr or address:netmask. For example: or Specifying Both allow and deny Rules To allow a user to login from anywhere except the listed hosts, both allow and deny rules are required. The following example denies the user from logging in from the host but allows login from all other hosts: EXAMPLES
Allow the user, to login from the host named and from all hosts with numeric addresses starting with Deny (do not allow) the user, to login from the host named and from all hosts with numeric addresses starting with Allow the user, to login from the host named FILES
AUTHOR
was developed by the Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri. SEE ALSO
ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftpconversions(4), ftpshut(1). ftphosts(4)