Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Stop+A equal
Operating Systems Solaris Stop+A equal Post 302210454 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 1st of July 2008 03:36:12 AM
Old 07-01-2008
i've never used stop+a on an intel machine... on sparc you go to "ok" prompt. intel based machines don't have an obp, so where do you expect to go with stop+a?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to stop others users to stop viewing what i am doing ?

Hi , I have one question, suppose i am a normal user and when i use 'w' command , it shows who is logged on and what they are doing . Now i want to stop others users to know what i am doing accept the root ? can i do this ? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex NOT EQUAL help

I have the following line to text: ExecuteQueue Name=default ThreadCount=60 I want to write a sed or awk function that eliminates everything before "ThreadCount" without taking into account what is actually in front of ThreadCount. Meaning there may be text in front of "ThreadCount" other... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArterialTool
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

equal to operator

Hi, I have the below script executed arg="dir" if "$arg" = "dir" then echo "true" else echo "false" fi Please let me know what happens in the if command. My output is: dir: dir: No such file or directory false which is not the desired output. When i used test command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anijan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

My Values are Equal but They are Not

Does anybody understand why this is not being interpreted as true. Script: #!/bin/bash errored=`grep "errored" new_update_scripts.txt` echo $errored = "errored" if ; then echo true else echo false fi Output: $ UpdateScripts errored = errored false (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottwmackey
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

while [ $x -ge 50 ] + and equal to zero ; then

while + and equal to zero ; then what to punt instead of phrase and equal to zero. it's bash thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: losh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not equal to in Unix

Guys, I am trying to do below operation LAST_TRANSACTION=2 if ]; then # do something fi If the LAST_TRANSACTION variable is not equal to 1 or 2 or 3 then code inside the if block should be execute. This code is not working, Any help is appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl and not equal

Hi all I have this script that i have written in some logging for but i do not want it to log for all option, i have used Getopt::Long 2.11 to allow differnt switches but i only want logging on one type of switch this is my code but it does not like the ne (not equals) i do not wnat the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Same strings are not equal

Hi there can anyone help me please. I want to make a program to check if the executable file specified by the user exists in the directory. When I run this program particulary these lines of code does not work: if ("$fi" == "$name") then where It checks whether the specified file is equal to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk not equal

Did I do something wrong with this awk not equal? For some reason it prints twice. >awk '{if ($4 != "root") print $1 " " $4 " " $5}' ls_test server10: njs nodeadm server10: njs nodeadm >grep server10 ls_test server10: drwxr-sr-x. 18 njs nodeadm 4096 Aug 16 09:42 /opt > (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies
BOS_STOP(8)						       AFS Command Reference						       BOS_STOP(8)

NAME
bos_stop - Stops a process after changing its status flag SYNOPSIS
bos stop -server <machine name> -instance <server process name>+ [-wait] [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] bos sto -s <machine name> -i <server process name>+ [-w] [-c <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The bos stop command sets the status flag for each process specified with the -instance argument to "NotRun" in the /etc/openafs/BosConfig file on the server machine named by the -server argument, then stops it. To stop a process without changing its BosConfig status flag, use the bos shutdown command instead. OPTIONS
-server <machine name> Indicates the server machine on which to stop processes. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully-qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8). -instance <server process name>+ Names each process to stop. Use the process name assigned with the -instance argument to the bos create command. The output from the bos status command lists the names. -wait Delays the return of the command shell prompt until all processes actually stop. If this argument is omitted, the prompt returns almost immediately even if all processes are not stopped. -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following example command stops the upserver and runntp processes on the machine "fs7.abc.com". % bos stop -server fs7.abc.com -instance upserver runntp PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. SEE ALSO
BosConfig(5), KeyFile(5), UserList(5), bos(8), bos_create(8), bos_shutdown(8), bos_status(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_STOP(8)