Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replacing Text in Text file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing Text in Text file Post 302210380 by ghostdog74 on Monday 30th of June 2008 10:32:02 PM
Old 06-30-2008
sed doesn't change your file on the fly. use output redirection or if your sed support -i , you can use it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing strings with text from other file

Hi, Im trying to update some properties files with text from another file: file1 user=xyz file2 user= after script file2 user=xyz Im using this reading the $QUARTZURL,ETC... from quartz.properties: echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mc1392
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing text in a file, but...

Hi all, Very first post on this forums, hope you can help me with this scripting task. I have a big text file with over 3000 lines, some of those lines contain some text that I need to replace, lets say for simplicity the text to be replaced in those lines is "aaa" and I need it to replace it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Angelseph
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing text with contents from another file

I'm trying to change the ramfs size in kernel .config automatically. I have a ramfs_size file generated with du -s cat ramfs_size 64512 I want to replace the linux .config's ramdisk size with the above value CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_SIZE=73728 Right now I'm doing something dumb like: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amoeba
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing text in a .csv file using Perl

I have played with this for some time but i dont seem like i am getting it right. I am trying to change the delimiters on a file so i can import it into a database. this file has rows of data separated by enter Right now the delimiters are represented by tabs and " ". e.g. "dlfkldfs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: salemh
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help parsing and replacing text with file name

Hi everyone, I'm having trouble figuring this one out. I have ~100 *.fa files with multiple lines of fasta sequences like this: file1.fa >xyzsequence atcatgcacac...... ataccgagagg..... atataccagag..... >abcsequence atgagatatat..... acacacggd..... atcgaacac.... agttccagat.... The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mycoguy
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing a column in a text file

Say I had a text file that contained four columns, like the following: Mack Christopher:237 Avondale Blvd:970-791-6419:S Ben Macdonor:30 Dragon Rd:647-288-6395:B I'm making a loop that will replace the fourth column a line in the file with the contents of a variable 'access', but I have no... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sotau
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing in huge text file

I have huge text files (~120 MB)x100 which equivalents to ~11GB of data. The files contain pure numbers, actually the value of "phi" to 10 billion digits!! I know its huge!! Here are the last few lines of a file 0952899155 3233967444 3344925499 0276061529 7261968933 9683989044 3317145063... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuthatte
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing all cells that have a specific value in a text file

I have a space delimited text file where I want to replace all cells that are 0 with NA. However I cannot simply use 'sed/0/NA/g' because there are other 0's in the text file that are part of numbers. Example input: 896.933464285715 0 874.691732142857 866.404660714286 Output:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

9. Programming

Replacing a word of a text file, in C++ fstream

How to replace a word in text file using c++ fstream. Is there a way, without creating any temporary file. Could you please share pseudo code ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techmonk
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
MicroMason::QuickTemplate(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    MicroMason::QuickTemplate(3pm)

NAME
Text::MicroMason::QuickTemplate - Alternate Syntax like Text::QuickTemplate SYNOPSIS
Instead of using this class directly, pass its name to be mixed in: use Text::MicroMason; my $mason = Text::MicroMason::Base->new( -QuickTemplate ); Use the standard compile and execute methods to parse and evalute templates: print $mason->compile( text=>$template )->( @%args ); print $mason->execute( text=>$template, @args ); Or use Text::QuickTemplate's calling conventions: $template = Text::MicroMason->new( -HTMLTemplate, text=>'simple.tmpl' ); print $template->fill( %arguments ); Text::QuickTemplate provides a syntax to embed values into a text template: Good {{timeofday}}, {{name}}! DESCRIPTION
This mixin class overrides several methods to allow MicroMason to emulate the template syntax and some of the other features of Text::QuickTemplate. This class automatically includes the following other mixins: TemplateDir, HasParams, and StoreOne. Compatibility with Text::QuickTemplate This is not a drop-in replacement for Text::QuickTemplate, as the implementation is quite different, but it should be able to process most existing templates without major changes. The following features of EmbPerl syntax are supported: o Curly bracketed tags with parameter names. o Array of parameters hashes. o Special $DONTSET variable. SEE ALSO
The interface being emulated is described in Text::QuickTemplate. For an overview of this templating framework, see Text::MicroMason. This is a mixin class intended for use with Text::MicroMason::Base. For distribution, installation, support, copyright and license information, see Text::MicroMason::Docs::ReadMe. perl v5.10.1 2007-01-29 MicroMason::QuickTemplate(3pm)