Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Printing Landscape in Solaris 10 Post 302210209 by incredible on Monday 30th of June 2008 10:36:29 AM
Old 06-30-2008
what printer are you using? If it gonna to be hP, i've got a clue for you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

landscape printing

hi everybody , i was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to setup printing landscape from Solaris 9 . We have a hp laser jet 1300 printer connected to an hp jetdirect 1.75x print server. We have set it up to print Portrait but not landscape. Is there some sort of generic script I can use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Printing

Does anybody know the maximum number of print queues supported by solaris 8/9. Basically I need to know that I can set up 200 without any issues. The server is a sunfire v240 4gb memory many thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: silvaman
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing chinese from solaris 9

We need to print chinese from unix and postscript. Anyone have experience with this? Any suggestions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
1 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris printing problem

When I send a print job to a printer I've created on Solaris 9, the page has a black border. How can I get rid of it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris printing problem

The printers I've created on a Solaris 9 box are not wrapping. When I submit a document (that contains lines of 80 characters or more) to a printer, it doesn't wrap those long lines to the next line. What can I do it make the printer wrap the long lines to the next line...instead of throwing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing an xml file in landscape

Hey all, This is probably a stupid question but I can't seem to find the answer I need anywhere. I have an XML file that I need to be able to print in landscape because the text goes off the page when I try to print in portrait. I can't find a way to do this using lp. I understand, from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MaristBrandi
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Network printing solaris 2.5.1

Hello guys, I'm having a problem at configuring an HP printer for solaris 2.5.1. Unfortunatly solaris did not support network printing until 2.6.x so i had to use jetadmin, wich suprisingly worked well the verry first time i installed the package. Allthough the sparcstation witch i'm using is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Goodfellas
0 Replies

8. Linux

Landscape printing broken in CUPS?

Hello, I am using version: cups-config --version - 1.2.4 However, when i use the -o land or -o landscape command it doesn't print in Landscape. I have the same problem on another server. (Both running CENTOS). Does landscape printing work in CUPS? Is there a fix? Thanks in an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stuaz
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing Landscape to PCL 6 Printer

I've looked around and am able to print landscape to a PCL 5 printer with this command: lp -o landscape -o cpi=20 -o page-right=30 -o page-left=30 -d <printer> <file>. Which gives me a nice 200 columns. But, when I send the same output and the same commands to a PCL 6 printer, it comes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tariqjamal
3 Replies

10. Solaris

SOLARIS 10 kyocera Landscape printing

hello does any one know if a command exists for printing lp landscape on a kycoera printer. hp works ok but i cant get kyocera to work thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joey298487
1 Replies
vga_addtiming(3)						Svgalib User Manual						  vga_addtiming(3)

NAME
vga_guesstiming - calculate a timing line for the given resolution SYNOPSIS
#include <vga.h> int vga_guesstiming(int x, int y, int clue, int arg); DESCRIPTION
Calculates a timing line for a x*y resolution, according to the value of clue. CALCULATION METHODS
If clue is 0, then the aspect ratio for the requested mode ( x:y ) must be 4:3. A mode with the same aspect ratio closest to the requested, while still having a higher resolution is found, and then scaled down to the requested mode. If clue is 1, then the aspect ratio for the requested mode ( x:y ) must be 4:3. A mode with the same aspect ratio closest to the requested, while still having a lower resolution is found, and then scaled down to the requested mode. BUGS
No guarantee that a modeline will be created, or that a created modeline will be usefull is given. SEE ALSO
vga_addmode(3) vga_addtiming(3) addmodetest(6) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matan Ziv-Av Svgalib (>;= 1.4.0) 7 April 1999 vga_addtiming(3)