Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash script, pattern matching + sum Post 302210060 by Franklin52 on Monday 30th of June 2008 03:50:05 AM
Old 06-30-2008
This should summerize the fourth column based on the first 3 fields as key:

Code:
awk '{a[$1FS$2FS$3]+=$4}END{for(i in a){printf("%s %ld\n", i, a[i])}}' file

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash pattern matching echo *[! '/' ] doesn't work

without using ls, just using echo so purely pattern matching I can say echo */ <-- lists directories but how would I match files? surely something like *!/ or * but neither work ? it seems like there isn't much that I can put in but surely i should be able to put any ascii... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: james hanley
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching in BASH

i have 255 files in a directory named 000po.k thru 255po.k and I want to copy all files except 3: exclude 000po.k, 166po.k,168po.k I know the long way around it copying these files, but am looking for a shorter way of doing this: my old approach: # copy 001po.k thru 009po.k to target... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoo591
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching in a shell script?

I'm looking for a way to match a particular string in another string and if a match is found execute some command. I found the case statement can be used like this; case word in ) command ;; ] ... esac If my string to find is say "foo" in the string $mystring... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paulobrad
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script pattern matching

Hi, I need to create a shell script through which i need to populate email addresses in email columns of database table in mysql. Let say if email contains yahoo, hotmail, gtalk than email addresses need to move in their respective columns. # !/bin/sh yim="example@yahoo.com"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirfan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching in shell script

Hi, I am using following command to extract string from a file. String will be after last / (slash). awk -F\ / '{print $NF}' $FILE but while appending the output in file in script, it dosent work. File created but of zero size... can anyone please help `awk -F\\\/ '{print $NF}' $FILE` >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deei
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to list non matching files using pattern

Hi, I am trying to write a script that list down all the files that do not match the pattern My pattern will be like this "*.jpg|*.xml|*.sql". This pattern will be stored in a file. The script need to read this pattern from the file and delete the files that does not match this pattern. It... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meenavin
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum of column matching pattern/string

Hi All, I have the following output file created as a result of one script called pattern_daily.log $ cat pattern_daily.log Approved|2|Wed, Oct 24, 2012 11:21:09 AM Declined|1|Wed, Oct 24, 2012 11:21:15 AM Approved|2|Wed, Oct 24, 2012 11:24:08 AM Declined|1|Wed, Oct 24, 2012 11:24:18 AM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gem_In_I
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Matching in Perl script

I have a big perl script need to fix a small pattern matching inside .. I have patterns like create unique index create index The pattern matching should look for both the pattern in the same statement, The existing matching looks for only "create unique index" The exising code for this i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Non-greedy pattern matching in shell script

Hi all, Is Perl included by default in Ubuntu? I'm trying to write a program using as few languages as possible, and since I'm using a few Perl one-liners to do non-greedy matching, it's considered another language, and this is a bad thing. Basically, I'm using a Perl one-liner to grab XML... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zel2008
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash pattern matching question

I need to check the condition of a variable before the script continues and it needs to match a specific pattern such as EPS-03-0 or PDF-02-1. The first part is a 3 or 4 letter string followed by a hyphen, then a 01,02 or 03 followed by a hyphen then a 0 or a 1. I know I could check for every... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stormcel
4 Replies
PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)					      General Commands Manual					     PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
pct-scanner-script - easy scan and create merged DjVu and PDF documents for archiving SYNOPSIS
pct-scanner-script [--help] DESCRIPTION
pct-scanner-script is a bash script and configuration system to easily scan documents and create a digital archiving. It can create DjVu PDF and JPEG outputs, in merged and individual files. It also has a configuration system where different configurations can be defined, making it easy to switch between configurations. Please use pct-scanner-script --help to find all program options, the complete help, and all examples. Features: - auto archiving in merged and individual DjVu, PDF, and JPEG files - auto and manual resume when scanning somehow fails - cascading configuration system, for easy customizing - easy command-line-style bash program, with useful options - archiving made possible with both adf and flatbed scanners - built for productivity and daily use - uses bash, scanadf and other mainstream processing tools - multilanguage commandline output OPTIONS
-h, --help, -? Show summary of options, help, and examples. DEBUGGING
This program is a helper script to easy scan and automated digital document archiving for normal and adf scanners. You can debug this script by running it as bash -x pct-scanner-script [options]. The script is just a nice wrapper for the scanadf, DjVu and PDF tools. SEE ALSO
scanadf(1), AUTHOR
pct-scanner-script and this manual page are written by: Jelle de Jong <jelledejong@powercraft.nl>. March 31, 2009 PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)