Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: One doubt
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting One doubt Post 302210051 by namishtiwari on Monday 30th of June 2008 02:23:15 AM
Old 06-30-2008
Thanks Perderabo for your input.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

doubt in df -h

in my parition i hav parition like this Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda2 24G 22G 756M 97% / /dev/sda5 248G 1.2G 234G 1% /else /dev/sda1 965M 24M 892M 3% /boot tmpfs 7.0G 0 7.0G 0%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubt

Hi , Struck with one basic question. Iam expecting word count of 4 where "wc" is showing as 5 . # echo "abcd" | wc 1 1 5 # echo abcd | wc 1 1 5 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchal_boddu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt

Hi, I have a file with multiple entries and I have calculated the percentages. Now I want to know how many of my entries are there between 1-10% 11-20% and so on.. chr1_14401_14450 0.211954217888936 chr1_14451_14500 1.90758796100042 chr1_14501_14550 4.02713013988978... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Doubt

hi ,, i am new for this.. i want to know abt linux os.. which version is best for it industry.. please suggest me..:cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c vignesh kumar
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Doubt

How to create a file with specific size in RHEL6 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sashi Kanth A
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt..

Hi experts, In one of our code we have used some command like this. name=${name##*/} Can someone please let me know what exactly it does? Thanks & Regards, Sathya V. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sathya83aa
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Doubt

in my shell script requirement is to search and replace the file with variable so i use the following command sed -i "s/abc/$SCHEMA/g" table.sql later when the script runs sqlplus username/pwd@Table& this & is not letting the variable to replace the value inside the file .please let me know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhuvan1
1 Replies
ARRAY_SPLICE(3) 							 1							   ARRAY_SPLICE(3)

array_splice - Remove a portion of the array and replace it with something else

SYNOPSIS
array array_splice (array &$input, int $offset, [int $length], [mixed $replacement = array()]) DESCRIPTION
Removes the elements designated by $offset and $length from the $input array, and replaces them with the elements of the $replacement array, if supplied. Note that numeric keys in $input are not preserved. Note If $replacement is not an array, it will be typecast to one (i.e. (array) $parameter). This may result in unexpected behavior when using an object or NULL$replacement. PARAMETERS
o $input - The input array. o $offset - If $offset is positive then the start of removed portion is at that offset from the beginning of the $input array. If $offset is negative then it starts that far from the end of the $input array. o $length - If $length is omitted, removes everything from $offset to the end of the array. If $length is specified and is positive, then that many elements will be removed. If $length is specified and is negative then the end of the removed portion will be that many elements from the end of the array. If $length is specified and is zero, no elements will be removed. Tip: to remove everything from $offset to the end of the array when $replacement is also specified, use count($input) for $length. o $replacement - If $replacement array is specified, then the removed elements are replaced with elements from this array. If $offset and $length are such that nothing is removed, then the elements from the $replacement array are inserted in the place specified by the $offset. Note that keys in replacement array are not preserved. If $replacement is just one element it is not necessary to put array() around it, unless the element is an array itself, an object or NULL. RETURN VALUES
Returns the array consisting of the extracted elements. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_splice(3) examples <?php $input = array("red", "green", "blue", "yellow"); array_splice($input, 2); // $input is now array("red", "green") $input = array("red", "green", "blue", "yellow"); array_splice($input, 1, -1); // $input is now array("red", "yellow") $input = array("red", "green", "blue", "yellow"); array_splice($input, 1, count($input), "orange"); // $input is now array("red", "orange") $input = array("red", "green", "blue", "yellow"); array_splice($input, -1, 1, array("black", "maroon")); // $input is now array("red", "green", // "blue", "black", "maroon") $input = array("red", "green", "blue", "yellow"); array_splice($input, 3, 0, "purple"); // $input is now array("red", "green", // "blue", "purple", "yellow"); ?> Example #2 array_splice(3) examples The following statements change the values of $input the same way: <?php array_push($input, $x, $y); array_splice($input, count($input), 0, array($x, $y)); array_pop($input); array_splice($input, -1); array_shift($input); array_splice($input, 0, 1); array_unshift($input, $x, $y); array_splice($input, 0, 0, array($x, $y)); $input[$x] = $y; // for arrays where key equals offset array_splice($input, $x, 1, $y); ?> SEE ALSO
array_slice(3), unset(3), array_merge(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_SPLICE(3)