Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux Shell Question: how to print the shell script name ? Post 302210011 by jroco on Sunday 29th of June 2008 08:05:44 PM
Old 06-29-2008
echo $SHELL

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to print '*' triangle

plz tell me how to print * triangle like this * ** *** **** ***** (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to print date and no.of records

hi all, i want script to print the output in the following format filename yyyy/mm/dd count where count= no.of records in the file Thanks in advance hemanthsaikumar (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print backslash in shell script using awk?

I found that echo "aaa" | awk '{print ",\\";}' works, and it will give "\". but ddd=`echo "aaa" | awk '{print ",\\";}'`; echo $ddd will not work. Could anyone tell me why? thank you. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wxuyec
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with shell script command to print

I have a file with similar line like below /u13/orabkup/u13/orabkup/abcd/arc82.123 Now I need to have only u13/orabkup/abcd/arc82.123 rather than /u13/orabkup/u13/orabkup/abcd/arc82.123 Kindly help me to print /u13/orabkup/ only once and the file name abcd/arc82.123.. Thanks & Regards... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anitha11889
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print 1 to 10 with space in shell script

Hi, I want to print 1 to 10 or upto any number sequentially with space in a single line. Like, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...... In shell script only.. Can anyone plz help me. Thanks: (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arup1980
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print statement in shell script

Hi All, when I executed the query in normal unix mode, the output is expected. if I executed the query using shell script, I am not getting the result. not sure whether I need to use dbms_output.put_line or echo. dbms_output.put_line("COUNTRY_CODE"||" "||"SUB_TYPE"||" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies
ENVSUBST(1)								GNU							       ENVSUBST(1)

NAME
envsubst - substitutes environment variables in shell format strings SYNOPSIS
envsubst [OPTION] [SHELL-FORMAT] DESCRIPTION
Substitutes the values of environment variables. Operation mode: -v, --variables output the variables occurring in SHELL-FORMAT Informative output: -h, --help display this help and exit -V, --version output version information and exit In normal operation mode, standard input is copied to standard output, with references to environment variables of the form $VARIABLE or ${VARIABLE} being replaced with the corresponding values. If a SHELL-FORMAT is given, only those environment variables that are referenced in SHELL-FORMAT are substituted; otherwise all environment variables references occurring in standard input are substituted. When --variables is used, standard input is ignored, and the output consists of the environment variables that are referenced in SHELL-FOR- MAT, one per line. AUTHOR
Written by Bruno Haible. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnu-gettext@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for envsubst is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and envsubst programs are properly installed at your site, the command info envsubst should give you access to the complete manual. GNU gettext-runtime 0.17 November 2007 ENVSUBST(1)