Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to find the free space & usage of the particular directory in Hp-Unix? Post 302209604 by jim mcnamara on Friday 27th of June 2008 01:05:06 PM
Old 06-27-2008
free space is not per-directory it is per filesystem the directory lives in.
If you want % free for the filesystem try df -k <directory name>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Does unix ever misreport free space?

Hi all, Does unix ever misreport free space? We're having a problem running a utility, and the error message looks for all the world like the utility has no free space for its work files: HOST ERROR(D10681C). No space left on device. But the device itself shows ample free space. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JustKen
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do l test for carriage return & Disk space usage

Hi, I have just written a script in /bin/bash, however, l want to test if character is a carriage return or space. Also l want my script to be able to detect my disk space and send a mail if usage is more than 90% or send an alert. Thanks Kayode (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
6 Replies

3. Solaris

command to find free disk space on solaris

In linux df is the command to find free space what is the equivalent command in the Solaris (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishankar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

display free space on a unix server

I need to display the amount space avalible on a unix server in an html webpage, which will automatically update every hour. I am able to do so using a javascript in a windows based server. How would i go about doing this in a unix server. Any help, suggestions, anything would be great. thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davwel
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to send email with usage of space in the directory as description :

shell script to send email with usage of space in the directory as description : Please any one help me in writing a script to send email with usage of space in the directory as description . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script delete log files from folder & subfolders on space usage

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script to delete logs generate by db when space in the folder reaches 70%. i am getting space values from db, find the files at OS and remove them by using a cron job runs every 5minutes. I have to keep the latest 5 files at any time, my problem is that log files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the free space of a particular directory

Hi Guys, I want to find the free space of a particular directory,, Regards, Magesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

How do i find free space in my unix?

Hello, I wanted to calculate free space in my unix file system. Here is my direction. I can use df -h command to get the below output. Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on =================================================== /dev/vx/dsk/edcdg/data01vol ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

On CentOS, moving space from large free directory to another

Hi. My "/usr" folder is running out of space. My "/home" folder is quite large and has a lot of free space. As follows: Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on ... /dev/sda5 ext3 9.7G 2.6G 6.7G 28% / /dev/sda7 ext3 152G 16G 128G 11% /home /dev/sda3 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkiula
7 Replies
Getopt::Long::Descriptive::Usage(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     Getopt::Long::Descriptive::Usage(3pm)

NAME
Getopt::Long::Descriptive::Usage - the usage description for GLD VERSION
version 0.091 SYNOPSIS
use Getopt::Long::Descriptive; my ($opt, $usage) = describe_options( ... ); $usage->text; # complete usage message $usage->die; # die with usage message DESCRIPTION
This document only describes the methods of the Usage object. For information on how to use Getopt::Long::Descriptive, consult its documentation. METHODS
new my $usage = Getopt::Long::Descriptive::Usage->new(\%arg); You really don't need to call this. GLD will do it for you. Valid arguments are: options - an arrayref of options leader_text - the text that leads the usage; this may go away! text This returns the full text of the usage message. leader_text This returns the text that comes at the beginning of the usage message. option_text This returns the text describing the available options. warn This warns with the usage message. die This throws the usage message as an exception. $usage_obj->die(\%arg); Some arguments can be provided pre_text - text to be prepended to the usage message post_text - text to be appended to the usage message The "pre_text" and "post_text" arguments are concatenated with the usage message with no line breaks, so supply this if you need them. AUTHORS
o Hans Dieter Pearcey <hdp@cpan.org> o Ricardo Signes <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2005 by Hans Dieter Pearcey. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-22 Getopt::Long::Descriptive::Usage(3pm)