Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting naming variables with variables Post 302209547 by gaurav123 on Friday 27th of June 2008 09:36:21 AM
Old 06-27-2008
you can use 'eval' to solve ur problem...
This User Gave Thanks to gaurav123 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

variables

the oracle variables in the .profile are not listed. any thoughts? thanks, rs (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsh
15 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Variables to Set Other Variables

I have a script that I'm trying to shorten (below) by removing repetitive code. if ] then commodity_ndm_done=Y fi if ] then customer_ndm_done=Y fi if ] then department_ndm_done=Y fi if ] then division_ndm_done=Y fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superdelic
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables Naming in Korn Shell

Hi every body, I want to know what is the different between the following: $VAR1 ${VAR2} "${VAR3}" Are they equivalent? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Variables

data1 contain: 100;1 390;3 1;2 144;6 data2 contain: 100;1 300;4 1;2 130;4 144;6 390;3 ..... .... .......... and so on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobo
1 Replies

5. Programming

How to convert byteArray variables to HexaString variables for Linux?

Hello everybody, I am having problem in converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Linux. I have done, converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Windows but same function doesn't work for linux. Is there any difference in OS ? The code for Windows is given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh_163
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

if two or more variables?

Hi all, i need to read a variable and analyze if there are one or more variable: read VAR if "VAR is one ore two or more"; then ... else ... fi Can anybody help? Regards (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: marimovo
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with multiple variables like 25 variables.

Hi All, i have a requirement where i have to run a script with at least 25 arguements and position of arguements can also change. the unapropriate way is like below. can we achieve this in more good and precise way?? #!/bin/ksh ##script is sample.ksh age=$1 gender=$2 class=$3 . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH arrays and variables of variables in C++

Sometimes it is handy to protect long scripts in C++. The following syntax works fine for simple commands: #define SHELLSCRIPT1 "\ #/bin/bash \n\ echo \"hello\" \n\ " int main () { cout <<system(SHELLSCRIPT1); return 0; } Unfortunately for there are problems for: 1d arrays:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frad
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass variables into anothother variables?

Below are three variables, which I want to pass into variable RESULT1 username1=userid poihostname1=dellsys.com port1=8080 How can I pass these variables into below code... RESULT1=$((ssh -n username1@poihostname1 time /usr/sfw/bin/wget --user=sam --password=123 -O /dev/null -q... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manohar2013
4 Replies
SUPERGLOBALS(3) 							 1							   SUPERGLOBALS(3)

Superglobals - Superglobals are built-in variables that are always available in all scopes

Several predefined variables in PHP are "superglobals", which means they are available in all scopes throughout a script. There is no need
       to do global $variable; to access them within functions or methods.

These superglobal variables are:

o$GLOBALS

o$_SERVER

o$_GET

o$_POST

o$_FILES

o$_COOKIE

o$_SESSION

o$_REQUEST

o$_ENV

+--------+---------------------------------------+
       |Version |					|
       |	|					|
       |	|	       Description		|
       |	|					|
       | 4.1.0	|					|
       |	|					|
       |	|  Superglobals were introduced to PHP. |
       |	|					|
       Note

Variable availability

By default, all of the superglobals are available but there are directives that affect this availability. For further  information,
	      refer to the documentation for variables_order.

Note

Dealing with register_globals

If the deprecated register_globals directive is set to on then the variables within will also be made available in the global scope
	      of the script. For example, $_POST['foo'] would also exist as $foo.

For related information, see the FAQ titled "How does register_globals affect me?"

Note

Variable variables

Superglobals cannot be used as variable variables inside functions or class methods.

variable scope, The variables_order directive, The filter extension.

PHP Documentation Group 													   SUPERGLOBALS(3)