Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: removing space
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting removing space Post 302209537 by surenz298 on Friday 27th of June 2008 08:41:54 AM
Old 06-27-2008
Hi
I tried this time i had no errors but not worked as well.
Please help me out

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

re: removing trailing space from lines

Not sure why this thread was closed without any explanation, but you can do what you're asking with sed 's/]*$//g' < sourceFile > destFile (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oombera
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Space at the end of file

Hi.... I have a situation...I have a data file...that has space(an extra row with no data) at the end of file. I am trying to remove that spaces only if the file has a space at the end of file and if there is no space I don't want to do anything. Can you please help me in this regards. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
4 Replies

3. AIX

Removing page space

I having problem removing a page space.... 1. When I list the page spaces available in the system, I am getting the following messages 0516-310 : Unable to find attribute state in the Device Configuration Database. Execute synclvodm to attempt to correct the database.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srnkumar
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank lines from comma seperated and space seperated file.

Hi, I want to remove empty/blank lines from comma seperated and space seperated files Thanks all for help (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing a space

Hi I want to remove a space for column 6. basically column 6 in my file looks like this: tig 2 tig 9 tig 39 tig 300 I want the output to look like this: tig2 tig9 tig39 tig300 How do I remove that space just for column 6. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank space in file

TT0000013101257 | JCJMMUJMMUB018 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sususa
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing white space in awk

Hi How to remove white space from this input:|blue | 1| |green| 4| |black| 2| I like to search for green and get 4not 4 How to modify this to work correct:awk -F"|" '/green/ {print $3} (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank space using VI

Hi, How to remove blank spaces using vi (I am using AIX)? #cat siva.txt AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF Need to remove space between 2 columns. Regards, Siva (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fixed with file- removing leading zeros and adding the space

Hi All, i have a fixed width file , where each line is 3200 length. File: 1ABC 1111 2222 3333 000012341 1001 2ABC 1111 2222 3333 000012342 1002 3ABC 1111 2222 3333 000112343 1003 1DEF 5555 4444 9696 000012344 1004 2DEF 5555 2323 8686 000012345 1005 3DEF 5555 1212 7676 000012346 1006 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mechvijays
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Removing pipe and space in a file

Hi , I have a file which is like below. The file record is separated by | as delimiter. I want to remove the first and last | in the file and also I want to remove the spaces in the columns. Original File |3464114 |10 | REPORT|CA| 1|0|4825400|0|213167| 939396524| Expected:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies
textutil::trim(n)				    Text and string utilities, macro processing 				 textutil::trim(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
textutil::trim - Procedures to trim strings SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require textutil::trim ?0.7? ::textutil::trim::trim string ?regexp? ::textutil::trim::trimleft string ?regexp? ::textutil::trim::trimright string ?regexp? ::textutil::trim::trimPrefix string prefix ::textutil::trim::trimEmptyHeading string _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The package textutil::trim provides commands that trim strings using arbitrary regular expressions. The complete set of procedures is described below. ::textutil::trim::trim string ?regexp? Remove in string any leading and trailing substring according to the regular expression regexp and return the result as a new string. This is done for all lines in the string, that is any substring between 2 newline chars, or between the beginning of the string and a newline, or between a newline and the end of the string, or, if the string contain no newline, between the beginning and the end of the string. The regular expression regexp defaults to "[ \t]+". ::textutil::trim::trimleft string ?regexp? Remove in string any leading substring according to the regular expression regexp and return the result as a new string. This apply on any line in the string, that is any substring between 2 newline chars, or between the beginning of the string and a newline, or between a newline and the end of the string, or, if the string contain no newline, between the beginning and the end of the string. The regular expression regexp defaults to "[ \t]+". ::textutil::trim::trimright string ?regexp? Remove in string any trailing substring according to the regular expression regexp and return the result as a new string. This apply on any line in the string, that is any substring between 2 newline chars, or between the beginning of the string and a newline, or between a newline and the end of the string, or, if the string contain no newline, between the beginning and the end of the string. The regular expression regexp defaults to "[ \t]+". ::textutil::trim::trimPrefix string prefix Removes the prefix from the beginning of string and returns the result. The string is left unchanged if it doesn't have prefix at its beginning. ::textutil::trim::trimEmptyHeading string Looks for empty lines (including lines consisting of only whitespace) at the beginning of the string and removes it. The modified string is returned as the result of the command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category textutil of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
regexp(n), split(n), string(n) KEYWORDS
prefix, regular expression, string, trimming CATEGORY
Text processing textutil 0.7 textutil::trim(n)