Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to monitor ports
Operating Systems Solaris how to monitor ports Post 302209534 by JeepResQ on Friday 27th of June 2008 08:36:05 AM
Old 06-27-2008
Bug cheers mate

Good looking script to the both of ya! Gotta love python...or as I call it...miniJava in the Shell! lol

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

ports???

Ok, I've been working in the IT field for about 3 years now and I never fully understood the concept of ip ports. I just started a new job that uses Solaris and today it kinda clicked in my head and I want to know if I'm right or wrong. Does each ip address have multiple ports. because we... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

Ports

What are some good sites that list all TPC/UDP ports? ~thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ireeneek
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ports...

Hello UNIX people... This is my first foray into the UNIX world so go easy on me... I have a client who has hired me to do some work on his windows stuff, BUT it just so happens his UNIX server started giving him problems... He is running SCO Open Server 5.0.6 The TTY ports won't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechKnow
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor: Read from the monitor

Hello, I would like to write a script that use the display as an input. In the display there is a list of file. I want to use it as an array and this would be the input in my script. Does somebody know how do I make it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mig8
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ports

When the netstat -an command is run on current unix machine, it seems that there's an excessive amount of ports established (roughly 600). How can I tell what each of these ports are being used for? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lastchance551
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Monitor List of Ports

Hi, I'm in need of a script that can monitor a list of 12 ports.. If one of the ports isn't in listening mode then email me.. The list of ports are 26401 - 26412.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eclipseagent
6 Replies

7. Hardware

Fedora 16 dual monitor - dual head - automatic monitor shutdown

Hi, I am experiencing troubles with dual monitors in fedora 16. During boot time both monitors are working, but when system starts one monitor automatically shut down. It happend out of the blue. Some time before when I updated system this happend but then I booted older kernel release and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

8. Linux

Packages that monitor OS configs and service/ports?

I have several Redhat servers and workstations that I need to be able to monitor for any changes and be notified of any changes to the OS. The features I need to specifically monitor are: ports - opening of new ports that are not already in a whitelist services - any starting or attempts to start... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JCDinPGH
1 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
DH_PYTHON(1)							     Debhelper							      DH_PYTHON(1)

NAME
dh_python - calculates Python dependencies and adds postinst and prerm Python scripts (deprecated) SYNOPSIS
dh_python [debhelperoptions] [-n] [-V version] [moduledirs...] DESCRIPTION
Note: This program is deprecated. You should use dh_pysupport or dh_pycentral instead. This program will do nothing if debian/pycompat or a Python-Version control file field exists. dh_python is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating the ${python:Depends} substitutions and adding them to substvars files. It will also add a postinst and a prerm script if required. The program will look at Python scripts and modules in your package, and will use this information to generate a dependency on python, with the current major version, or on pythonX.Y if your scripts or modules need a specific python version. The dependency will be substituted into your package's control file wherever you place the token ${python:Depends}. If some modules need to be byte-compiled at install time, appropriate postinst and prerm scripts will be generated. If already byte- compiled modules are found, they are removed. If you use this program, your package should build-depend on python. OPTIONS
module dirs If your package installs Python modules in non-standard directories, you can make dh_python check those directories by passing their names on the command line. By default, it will check /usr/lib/site-python, /usr/lib/$PACKAGE, /usr/share/$PACKAGE, /usr/lib/games/$PACKAGE, /usr/share/games/$PACKAGE and /usr/lib/python?.?/site-packages. Note: only /usr/lib/site-python, /usr/lib/python?.?/site-packages and the extra names on the command line are searched for binary (.so) modules. -V version If the .py files your package ships are meant to be used by a specific pythonX.Y version, you can use this option to specify the desired version, such as 2.3. Do not use if you ship modules in /usr/lib/site-python. -n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/prerm scripts. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.5.7 Python policy, version 0.3.7 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> most ideas stolen from Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_PYTHON(1)