Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find the number of column in the text file...? Post 302209533 by Franklin52 on Friday 27th of June 2008 08:33:55 AM
Old 06-27-2008
This should print the lines with less or more then 20 columns:

Code:
awk -F'~' 'NF!=19{print}'

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find the average of a given column and also for specified number of rows??

Hi friends I have 100 files in my directory. Each file look like this.. Temp1 Temp2 Temp3 MAS 1 2 3 MAS 4 5 6 MAS 7 8 9 Delhi 10 11 12 Delhi 13 14 15 Delhi 16 17 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find the average of a given column and also for specified number of rows?

Hi Friends, In continuation to my earlier post https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/99166-script-find-average-given-column-also-specified-number-rows.html I am extending my problem as follows. Input: Column1 Column2 MAS 1 MAS 4 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicates in the first column of text file

Hello, My text file has input of the form abc dft45.xml ert rt653.xml abc ert57.xml I need to write a perl script/shell script to find duplicates in the first column and write it into a text file of the form... abc dft45.xml abc ert57.xml Can some one help me plz? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameboy87
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you delete cells from a space delimited text file given row and column number?

How do you delete cells from a space delimited text file given row and column number? Letś say the row number is r and the column number is c. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting single column values into text and number component

Hey guys, I have a column that consists of string and integer values without a distinctive deliminator, looking like this... 7ASA 14LAL 245FOO 656MOM 87577DAD ... I want to split the column into two columns, one containing the numbers and one containing the text part. edit: numbers... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: origamisven
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to find a garbage entry in a column wise text file in Linux?

Suppose I have a file containing :- 1 Apple $50 2 Orange $30 3 Banana $10 4 Guava $25 5 Pine@apple $12 6 Strawberry $21 7 Grapes $12 In the 5th row, @ character inserted. I want through sort command or by any other way this row should either on top or bottom. By sort command garbage... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dipankar Mitra
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find number of characters in a column and replace

Hi all, I want to count total no. of characters in a column. and if no. of charaters are more than 3 then it must replace it by splitted string. ie, it must place a space after 3 characters. Ex: 21 435g asd3dd jklfjwe wer column number 3 has 4 alphanumeric character, so it must be splitted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAch
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the number of occurence of particular word from a text file?

example: i have the following text file... i am very tired. i am busy i am hungry i have to find the number of occurence of a particular word 'am' from the text file.. can any one give the shell script for it (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheela
34 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to find total number of Special character in a column

How to find total number of special character in a column? I am using awk -f "," '$col_number "*$" {print $col_number}' file.csv|wc -l but its not giving correct output. It's giving output as 1 even though i give no special character? Please use code tags next time for your code and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AjitKumar
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to skip lines find text and add text based on number

I am trying to use awk skip each line with a ## or # and check each line after for STB= and if that value in greater than or = to 0.8, then at the end of line the text "STRAND BIAS" is written in else "GOOD". So in the file of 4 entries attached. awk tried: awk NR > "##"' "#" -F"STB="... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
RAKE(1) 						 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						   RAKE(1)

NAME
rake -- Ruby Make SYNOPSIS
rake [--f Rakefile] [--version] [-CGNPgnqstv] [-D [PATTERN]] [-E CODE] [-I LIBDIR] [-R RAKELIBDIR] [-T [PATTERN]] [-e CODE] [-p CODE] [-r MODULE] [--rules] [variable=value] target ... DESCRIPTION
Rake is a simple ruby(1) build program with capabilities similar to the regular make(1) command. Rake has the following features: o Rakefiles (Rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?). o Users can specify tasks with prerequisites. o Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks. o Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file names and paths. o A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. OPTIONS
--version Display the program version. -C --classic-namespace Put Task and FileTask in the top level namespace -D [PATTERN] --describe [PATTERN] Describe the tasks (matching optional PATTERN), then exit. -E CODE --execute-continue CODE Execute some Ruby code, then continue with normal task processing. -G --no-system --nosystem Use standard project Rakefile search paths, ignore system wide rakefiles. -I LIBDIR --libdir LIBDIR Include LIBDIR in the search path for required modules. -N --no-search --nosearch Do not search parent directories for the Rakefile. -P --prereqs Display the tasks and dependencies, then exit. -R RAKELIBDIR --rakelib RAKELIBDIR --rakelibdir RAKELIBDIR Auto-import any .rake files in RAKELIBDIR. (default is rakelib ) -T [PATTERN] --tasks [PATTERN] Display the tasks (matching optional PATTERN) with descriptions, then exit. -e CODE --execute CODE Execute some Ruby code and exit. -f FILE --rakefile FILE Use FILE as the rakefile. -h --help Prints a summary of options. -g --system Using system wide (global) rakefiles (usually ~/.rake/*.rake ). -n --dry-run Do a dry run without executing actions. -p CODE --execute-print CODE Execute some Ruby code, print the result, then exit. -q --quiet Do not log messages to standard output. -r MODULE --require MODULE Require MODULE before executing rakefile. -s --silent Like --quiet, but also suppresses the 'in directory' announcement. -t --trace Turn on invoke/execute tracing, enable full backtrace. -v --verbose Log message to standard output (default). --rules Trace the rules resolution. SEE ALSO
ruby(1) make(1) http://rake.rubyforge.org/ REPORTING BUGS
Bugs, features requests and other issues can be logged at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/projects/show/rake>. You will need an account to before you can post issues. Register at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/account/register>. Or you can send an email to the author. AUTHOR
Rake is written by Jim Weirich <jim@weirichhouse.org> UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX