Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How do we resolve the library conflicts? Post 302209441 by sumitpandya on Friday 27th of June 2008 01:28:15 AM
Old 06-27-2008
If that library is already there then set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include its location. If your system doesnot have that .so in HDD then first install package (probably unixODBC) which provides missing libodbcinst.so

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory conflicts

Hi, I am upgrading a Dell Inspiron 4000 from 128Mb to 512Mb, but if I put over 256Mb RAM into the machine, it is then unable to access the network card and modem (both PCMCIA). I have seen something about Linux not being able to handle large amounts of physical RAM, but is there a way round... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghoti
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Software Dependencies Conflicts

Question: What do you do when you have a software dependency conflict? Case in point, according to Freeware for Solaris, before one can install tcl, tk must be installed first. And then when I go to investigate dependencies for tk, it says that tcl must be installed first!!! Its like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Virtual Hosts and Alteon DNS conflicts

Hi, This is more of a verification rather than a question of technical nature. This is based on solaris 10 machine Could we use Virtual hosts (within our hosts file): 123.1.1.10 virtual_host_name 123.1.1.10 host_A (note: 123.1.1.10 - host_A is also in our DNS server entry) And... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackola
0 Replies

4. AIX

How do we fix the library conflicts?

How do we fix library conflicts? When I do ldd on Mysql Driver, I get an error ldd libmyodbc5.so libmyodbc5.so needs: /usr/lib/libdl.a(shr_64.o) Cannot find libodbcinst.so /usr/lib/libc.a(shr_64.o) /usr/lib/libpthreads.a(shr_xpg5_64.o) /unix ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

dhcp and static ip conflicts.

I have a USB Wireless Adapter using the rum0 driver. All I want to do is set a perminent static IP for the onboard wired interface elxl0. I can plumb the wired interface up fine on the fly, but when I try to save the static IP over a reboot, I lose the IP address assigned to rum0 from my wireless... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ts97783
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

mysql conflicts problem

:confused: hi all, RHEL 4 has installed on the server, when i use rpm -i command to install mysql5.1 enterprise version, error failed dependencies occurs as below: mysql conflicts with mysql-4.1.22-2.el4.i386 mysql conflicts with mysql-4.1.22-2.el4.x86_64 have tried rpm -e which was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxlee24
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Conflicts in the output of TOP command

Hi All, In the output of TOP command in my unix system, i monitored that some process has utilization more than 100% even some process has 4000% utilisation. Please help me understand how it is possible to show more than 100% utilization. Please see the screenshot below:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand2308
2 Replies

8. Solaris

How to install SFE ips binaries? Conflicts.

I am trying to install binaries from the SFE repo with IPS package manager which I have added from: http://sfe.opencsw.org/localhosts11/ When I try to install some stuff, like VLC v2.1.5 or Wine v1.7.6, there are lot of conflicts. How to resolve them? I suspect SFE wants to install some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
0 Replies
DH_INSTALL(1)							     Debhelper							     DH_INSTALL(1)

NAME
dh_install - install files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_install [-Xitem] [--autodest] [--sourcedir=dir] [debhelperoptions] [file|dir...destdir] DESCRIPTION
dh_install is a debhelper program that handles installing files into package build directories. There are many dh_install* commands that handle installing specific types of files such as documentation, examples, man pages, and so on, and they should be used when possible as they often have extra intelligence for those particular tasks. dh_install, then, is useful for installing everything else, for which no particular intelligence is needed. It is a replacement for the old dh_movefiles command. This program may be used in one of two ways. If you just have a file or two that the upstream Makefile does not install for you, you can run dh_install on them to move them into place. On the other hand, maybe you have a large package that builds multiple binary packages. You can use the upstream Makefile to install it all into debian/tmp, and then use dh_install to copy directories and files from there into the proper package build directories. From debhelper compatibility level 7 on, dh_install will fall back to looking in debian/tmp for files, if it does not find them in the current directory (or wherever you've told it to look using --sourcedir). FILES
debian/package.install List the files to install into each package and the directory they should be installed to. The format is a set of lines, where each line lists a file or files to install, and at the end of the line tells the directory it should be installed in. The name of the files (or directories) to install should be given relative to the current directory, while the installation directory is given relative to the package build directory. You may use wildcards in the names of the files to install. Note that if you list exactly one filename or wildcard-pattern on a line by itself, with no explicit destination, then dh_install will automatically guess the destination to use, the same as if the --autodest option were used. debian/not-installed Used with the deprecated --list-missing and --fail-missing options. Please refer to dh_missing(1) for the documentation of this file. OPTIONS
--list-missing Deprecated: Please use dh_missing --list-missing instead. If you use this option, dh_install will call dh_missing with that option after it has processed all the files. Please see dh_missing(1) for the documentation of this option. This option is removed in compat 12. --fail-missing Deprecated: Please use dh_missing --fail-missing instead. If you use this option, dh_install will call dh_missing with that option after it has processed all the files. Please see dh_missing(1) for the documentation of this option. This option is removed in compat 12. --sourcedir=dir Look in the specified directory for files to be installed. Note that this is not the same as the --sourcedirectory option used by the dh_auto_* commands. You rarely need to use this option, since dh_install automatically looks for files in debian/tmp in debhelper compatibility level 7 and above. --autodest Guess as the destination directory to install things to. If this is specified, you should not list destination directories in debian/package.install files or on the command line. Instead, dh_install will guess as follows: Strip off debian/tmp (or the sourcedir if one is given) from the front of the filename, if it is present, and install into the dirname of the filename. So if the filename is debian/tmp/usr/bin, then that directory will be copied to debian/package/usr/. If the filename is debian/tmp/etc/passwd, it will be copied to debian/package/etc/. file|dir ... destdir Lists files (or directories) to install and where to install them to. The files will be installed into the first package dh_install acts on. LIMITATIONS
dh_install cannot rename files or directories, it can only install them with the names they already have into wherever you want in the package build tree. However, renaming can be achieved by using dh-exec with compatibility level 9 or later. An example debian/package.install file using dh- exec could look like: #!/usr/bin/dh-exec debian/default.conf => /etc/my-package/start.conf Please remember the following three things: o The package must be using compatibility level 9 or later (see debhelper(7)) o The package will need a build-dependency on dh-exec. o The install file must be marked as executable. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALL(1)