Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System recovery
Operating Systems AIX System recovery Post 302209421 by liketheshell on Friday 27th of June 2008 12:16:16 AM
Old 06-27-2008
Fraydey,

I would first check this website for AIX. They will have all the resources you will need on AIX.

IBM Redbooks

Cheers

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Automatic system recovery?

Hi all! I've a strange problem. I would use the GNU Make tool on HPUX 11.11. To archive this, i have compiled the sourcecode and renamed HP make in /usr/bin from make to make_old. Now i have make a softlink from /usr/local/bin/make (GNU version) to /usr/bin/make. All things here are ok, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coredump2003
1 Replies

2. AIX

make a recovery CD/DVD - system has no writable devices

Hi, Has anyone please got some advise as to how I can make a CD/DVD on an AIX 5.3 system so that it can be fully recoverd just by inserting the backed up system. The system that I need to recover has no writable devices, not even a tape drive (it wasn't specified by me btw). I am trying to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevek007
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Data Recovery from file system overwritten with LVM.

Hey peeps, Here is somethin u might find interestin.... Is it possible to recover data from a partition which used to be an ext3 file sytem with some nice forgotten backups, which now is an lvm partion containg root partition of another OS. :) I couldn't create any mess better than this, can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux system recovery after overriding connect() by "ld.so.preload"

dear fellows; i have used ld.so.preload file to override connect() function, dynamic library overriding, it did worked really fine ...... but i went on to struck in a situation ... within the overrided connect() i have used printf once to see IP and Port to whom the connect request is being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mzeeshan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fsck.gfs2 outputs "RG recovery impossible; I can't fix this file system"

I have a CentOS release 5.2 (Final)host running kernel 2.6.18-92.el5 with at raid 10 that had two mirrored drives fail. The drives were re-inserted and now the raid shows healthy (for now). I tried to mount but got an Input/output error. I then attempted a fsck: fsck.gfs2 -y /dev/vg_01/uss_vol... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: king_hippo
0 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Password Recovery

Perderabo has made posted a good thread in the FAQ section here: Lost root password / Can't login as root | Unix Linux Forums | Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

ldap recovery

Is there a way to recover the ldap server if it crashes (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalcomis
4 Replies

8. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies

9. SCO

Need Help With System Recovery After HD Errors

Last week our legacy SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 server started showing "panic" errors about bad blocks/sectors on hard drive. I ran the badtrack command which fully checked the disk, and it identified 2 LBA sectors as bad, and it was unable to recover some of the data. Apparently the lost data had... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: spock9458
29 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)