Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Regarding stack analysis
Top Forums Programming Regarding stack analysis Post 302209289 by shamrock on Thursday 26th of June 2008 12:55:55 PM
Old 06-26-2008
Question Requirements unclear

The OP needs to clarify what exactly is needed.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Catalina Analysis

How can I make analysis for catalina.out (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Burhan
2 Replies

2. Programming

what is stack winding and stack unwinding

helo can u tell me what do you mean by stack winding and stack unwinding Regards, Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Metacharacters analysis

:confused:Hi , Can someone please advise what is the meaning of metacharacters in below code? a_PROCESS=${0##*/} a_DPFX=${a_PROCESS%.*} a_LPFX="a_DPFX : $$ : " a_UPFX="Usage: $a_PROCESS" Regards, gehlnar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text analysis

Hey Guys, Does anyone know how to count the separate amount of words in a text file? e.g the 5 and 20 Furthermore does anyone know how to convert whole numbers in decimals? Thanks (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: John0101
24 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel Stack vs User Mode Stack

Hi, I am new to the linux kernel development area. I want to know what is the difference between kernel mode stack and user mode stack? Does each process has a user mode stack and a kernel mode stack?? Or Each process has a user mode stack and there is only one kernel mode stack that is shared by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhkoar
4 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nmon Analysis

Dear All, I am an performance tester. Now i am working in project where we are using linux 2.6.32. Now I got an oppurtunity to learn the monitoring the server. As part of this task i need to do analysis of the Nmon report. I was completely blank in this. So please suggest me how to start... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamsengu
0 Replies
funcombine(7)							SAORD Documentation						     funcombine(7)

NAME
FunCombine - Combining Region and Table Filters SYNOPSIS
This document discusses the conventions for combining region and table filters, especially with regards to the comma operator. DESCRIPTION
Comma Conventions Filter specifications consist of a series of boolean expressions, separated by commas. These expressions can be table filters, spatial region filters, or combinations thereof. Unfortunately, common usage requires that the comma operator must act differently in different situations. Therefore, while its use is intuitive in most cases, commas can be a source of confusion. According to long-standing usage in IRAF, when a comma separates two table filters, it takes on the meaning of a boolean and. Thus: foo.fits[pha==1,pi==2] is equivalent to: foo.fits[pha==1 && pi==2] When a comma separates two spatial region filters, however, it has traditionally taken on the meaning of a boolean or. Thus: foo.fits[circle(10,10,3),ellipse(20,20,8,5)] is equivalent to: foo.fits[circle(10,10,3) || ellipse(20,20,8,5)] (except that in the former case, each region is given a unique id in programs such as funcnts). Region and table filters can be combined: foo.fits[circle(10,10,3),pi=1:5] or even: foo.fits[pha==1&&circle(10,10,3),pi==2&&ellipse(20,20,8,5)] In these cases, it is not obvious whether the command should utilize an or or and operator. We therefore arbitrarily chose to implement the following rule: o if both expressions contain a region, the operator used is or. o if one (or both) expression(s) does not contain a region, the operator used is and. This rule handles the cases of pure regions and pure column filters properly. It unambiguously assigns the boolean and to all mixed cases. Thus: foo.fits[circle(10,10,3),pi=1:5] and foo.fits[pi=1:5,circle(10,10,3)] both are equivalent to: foo.fits[circle(10,10,3) && pi=1:5] [NB: This arbitrary rule replaces the previous arbitrary rule (pre-funtools 1.2.3) which stated: o if the 2nd expression contains a region, the operator used is or. o if the 2nd expression does not contain a region, the operator used is and. In that scenario, the or operator was implied by: pha==4,circle 5 5 1 while the and operator was implied by circle 5 5 1,pha==4 Experience showed that this non-commutative treatment of the comma operator was confusing and led to unexpected results.] The comma rule must be considered provisional: comments and complaints are welcome to help clarify the matter. Better still, we recommend that the comma operator be avoided in such cases in favor of an explicit boolean operator. SEE ALSO
See funtools(7) for a list of Funtools help pages version 1.4.2 January 2, 2008 funcombine(7)