Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: deleting a special file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting deleting a special file Post 302209255 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 26th of June 2008 10:00:26 AM
Old 06-26-2008
try this:
Code:
rm -f 'bbmenu (2)'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

CRON-Job / Shell-Skript deleting special files

Just I'm trying to find script, which will do the following job: 1. as a CRON-Job it shoult a) delete files which will be either older than 24 hours or b) all files within a) a directory deleting recursive b) only a special directory. 2. write an error-/Delete_log... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ManfredWL
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to see special characters in a file using vi

Hi, I have a file which has special characters. I can't see them when I "vi" the file. But I am sure there are some special un seen characters. How can I see them? Please help. Thx (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem deleting file with special character

I'm having problems deleting a file with a special character and I'm hoping that somebody here can help. The file "-osample1.c" will not remove from my directory. Here is an example of what happens. Any ideas would be appreciated. > ls *sample1* ls: illegal option -- . usage: ls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hart1165
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Special character in my file

I have a special character in my file. It displays as a '#' sign but when I do this command I do not find the line. fgrep 'G#ant' file1 I want to replace the special character with another value but I need to know what character it really is. Any ideas on how to replace this '#' value with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ryan2786
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines inside a file without opening the file

Hi, Just consider there are around 10 lines in a file. Now is it possible to delete the first 2 lines in the file without opening the file. No matter whatever the content of the file is, I just wanna delete the first 2 lines without opening the file. Is that possible? If so, please help me out.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: toms
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - writing matching pattern to a new file and deleting it from the current file

Hello , I have comma delimited file with over 20 fileds that i need to do some validations on. I have to check if certain fields are null and then write the line containing the null field into a new file and then delete the line from the current file. Can someone tell me how i could go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting a pattern in UNIX without deleting the entire line

Hi I have a file: r58778.3|SOURCES={KEY=f665931a...,fw,221-705}|ERRORS={16_1:T,30_1:T,56_1:C,57_1:T,59_1:A,101_1:A,115:-,158_1:C,186_1:A,204:-,271_1:T,305:-,350_1:C,368_1:G,442_1:C,472_1:G,477_1:A}|SOURCE_1="Contig_1092402550638"(f665931a359e36cea0976db191ff60ff09cc816e) I want to retain... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alyaa
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File containing special characters

Hello All, I am facing challenges in order to transfer a file from windows to unix box,the file contains a special character '×' ,now when I am transferring the file from windows to unix that special character converted to something else like 'Ã' ,another thing I have noticed that the hardware is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prarat
1 Replies

9. Linux

File conversion and removing special characters from a file in Linux

I have a .CSV file when I check for the special characters in the file using the command cat -vet filename.csv, i get very lengthy lines with "^@", "^I^@" and "^@^M" characters in between each alphabet in all of the records. Using the code below file filename.csv I get the output as I have a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting file basing on the timestamp substring in the file name

Hello, I have in my backup folder, files with names convention like this : randomFileNames_13-02-2014_23h13m09+1392333189 randomFileNames_14-02-2014_02h13m09+1392343989 randomFileNames_14-02-2014_04h13m09+1392351189 etc.... Base on timestamp at end of the filename, I would to delete all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thuyetti
7 Replies
ct_ftp(3erl)						     Erlang Module Definition						      ct_ftp(3erl)

NAME
ct_ftp - FTP client module (based on the FTP support of the INETS application). DESCRIPTION
FTP client module (based on the FTP support of the INETS application). DATA TYPES
connection() = handle() | target_name() (see module ct) : handle() = handle() (see module ct_gen_conn) : Handle for a specific ftp connection. EXPORTS
cd(Connection, Dir) -> ok | {error, Reason} Types Connection = connection() Dir = string() Change directory on remote host. close(Connection) -> ok | {error, Reason} Types Connection = connection() Close the FTP connection. delete(Connection, File) -> ok | {error, Reason} Types Connection = connection() File = string() Delete a file on remote host get(KeyOrName, RemoteFile, LocalFile) -> ok | {error, Reason} Types KeyOrName = Key | Name Key = atom() Name = target_name() (see module ct) RemoteFile = string() LocalFile = string() Open a ftp connection and fetch a file from the remote host. RemoteFile and LocalFile must be absolute paths. The config file must be as for put/3. See also: put/3 . ls(Connection, Dir) -> {ok, Listing} | {error, Reason} Types Connection = connection() Dir = string() Listing = string() List the directory Dir. open(KeyOrName) -> {ok, Handle} | {error, Reason} Types KeyOrName = Key | Name Key = atom() Name = target_name() (see module ct) Handle = handle() Open an FTP connection to the specified node. You can open one connection for a particular Name and use the same name as reference for all subsequent operations. If you want the connection to be associated with Handle instead (in case you need to open multiple connections to a host for example), simply use Key , the configuration variable name, to specify the target. Note that a connection that has no associated target name can only be closed with the handle value. put(KeyOrName, LocalFile, RemoteFile) -> ok | {error, Reason} Types KeyOrName = Key | Name Key = atom() Name = target_name() (see module ct) LocalFile = string() RemoteFile = string() Open a ftp connection and send a file to the remote host. LocalFile and RemoteFile must be absolute paths. If the target host is a "special" node, the ftp address must be specified in the config file like this: {node,[{ftp,IpAddr}]}. If the target host is something else, e.g. a unix host, the config file must also include the username and password (both strings): {unix,[{ftp,IpAddr}, {username,Username}, {password,Password}]}. recv(Connection, RemoteFile) -> ok | {error, Reason} Fetch a file over FTP. The file will get the same name on the local host. See also: recv/3 . recv(Connection, RemoteFile, LocalFile) -> ok | {error, Reason} Types Connection = connection() RemoteFile = string() LocalFile = string() Fetch a file over FTP. The file will be named LocalFile on the local host. send(Connection, LocalFile) -> ok | {error, Reason} Send a file over FTP. The file will get the same name on the remote host. See also: send/3 . send(Connection, LocalFile, RemoteFile) -> ok | {error, Reason} Types Connection = connection() LocalFile = string() RemoteFile = string() Send a file over FTP. The file will be named RemoteFile on the remote host. type(Connection, Type) -> ok | {error, Reason} Types Connection = connection() Type = ascii | binary Change file transfer type AUTHORS
<> common_test 1.5.3 ct_ftp(3erl)