Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: column space
Operating Systems AIX column space Post 302209245 by zaxxon on Thursday 26th of June 2008 09:18:02 AM
Old 06-26-2008
Wrong subforum. Something like this?
Code:
echo "123 56 89(input)" | sed 's/ /  /1'
123  56 89(input)

Next time the right forum, k?!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script printing column with space

I am having some issues with a script taking in column #5 which has a space and splitting it into another line. I don't want this but I can not figure out why its doing this. Any help is appreciated. Here is my input file (comma delimited): ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: n3al10
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combining three space delimited files by column

I have three space delimited files, how do I combine them by column in Unix? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Space between last and first column

HI Input A R04 tion=1 Li 51599 R08 tiea=1 Li 51995 R11 ocatea=1 Li 51992 R12 nArea=1 Li ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Padding space with each column

Hi How do I a add space with each column . Each column has fixed size like 1 st column = 10 2nd column = 20 In each column data can be of variable length.So rest of the length should be space Frank Student Sue Admin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chinky23
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading first column of file which start with space also

Hi All, I am trying to read first column of my file using command cat temp2_sample.cir|cut -d' ' -f1 The content of my file is as follow R1 pin23I pin27I R2 pin23G pin27G R3 pin27F pin27D RWire10 pin15Y pin23J VCC1 pin27W pin13Y ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert space in specific column among many columns

Hello, I have some problem in inserting the space for the pairs of columns. I have the input file : I used this code below in replacing it using space in specific column (replace space in each two columns) sed -e "s/,/ /2" -e "s/,/ /3" inputfile Output showed : However, I have many... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: awil
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change some string in specific column with space

Hello All of Master Script , i need help to solve my problem before : mount /dev/rdsk/c1t69d0s6 /dev/rdsk/c1t69d0s6 /vol/cl123/PURGE1 ufs mount /dev/rdsk/c1t70d0s6 /dev/rdsk/c1t70d0s6 /vol/cl123/PURGE2 ufs expected : mount /dev/dsk/c1t69d0s6 /dev/rdsk/c1t69d0s6 /PURGE1 ufs mount ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: k0p0nkkk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove of white space when you have multiple column

i have file in which i want to remove white space from each column where ever it exist there is white space at the end of line. i know how to remove white space if i have only 1 column, but i have multiple columns and white space can be in any column. sed 's/ *$//' file ath-miRf10005-akr... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Space moving to next column (awk HTML)

Hi I have create a report and have converted the text output to HTML but in the output there is a sentence "The transaction was aborted by the user.", the spaces between this sentence is considered as separate column. How can I overcome the same? I am providing my code, text output and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dumpi16
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create the space only in the Third column by awk

Hi All , I am having an input file like this Input file r s e y Pin Numbers s n eppppppppppppppppppc ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
3 Replies
orber_acl(3erl) 					     Erlang Module Definition						   orber_acl(3erl)

NAME
orber_acl - Orber ACL operations DESCRIPTION
This module contains functions intended for analyzing Access Control List (ACL) filters. The filters uses a extended format of Classless Inter Domain Routing (CIDR). For example, "123.123.123.10" limits the connection to that particular host, while "123.123.123.10/17" allows connections to or from any host equal to the 17 most significant bits. Orber also allow the user to specify a certain port or port range, for example, "123.123.123.10/17#4001" and "123.123.123.10/17#4001/5001" respectively. IPv4 or none compressed IPv6 strings are accepted. EXPORTS
match(IP, Direction) -> boolean() match(IP, Direction, GetInfo) -> Reply Types IP = tuple() | [integer()] Direction = tcp_in | ssl_in | tcp_out | ssl_out GetInfo = boolean() Reply = boolean() | {boolean(), [Interface], PortInfo} Interface = string() PortInfo = integer() | {integer(), integer()} If GetInfo is not supplied or set to false, this operation returns a boolean which tells if the IPv4 or IPv6 address would pass the ACL filter, defined by the iiop_acl configuration parameter, or not. When GetInfo is set to true, a tuple which, besides the boolean that tells if access was granted, also include the defined interfaces and port(s). This operation requires that Orber is running and can be used on a live node to determine if Orber has been properly configured. verify(IP, Filter, Family) -> Reply Types IP = string() Filter = string() Family = inet | inet6 Reply = true | {false, From, To} | {error, string()} From = string() To = string() This operation returns true if the IPv4 or IPv6 address would pass the supplied ACL. If that is not the case, a tuple containing the accepted range is returned. This operation should only be used for test purposes. range(Filter, Family) -> Reply Types Filter = string() Family = inet | inet6 Reply = {ok, From, To} | {error, string()} From = string() To = string() Returns the range of accepted IP addresses based on the supplied filter. This operation should only be used for test purposes. Ericsson AB orber 3.6.20 orber_acl(3erl)