Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: column space
Operating Systems AIX column space Post 302209245 by zaxxon on Thursday 26th of June 2008 09:18:02 AM
Old 06-26-2008
Wrong subforum. Something like this?
Code:
echo "123 56 89(input)" | sed 's/ /  /1'
123  56 89(input)

Next time the right forum, k?!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script printing column with space

I am having some issues with a script taking in column #5 which has a space and splitting it into another line. I don't want this but I can not figure out why its doing this. Any help is appreciated. Here is my input file (comma delimited): ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: n3al10
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combining three space delimited files by column

I have three space delimited files, how do I combine them by column in Unix? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Space between last and first column

HI Input A R04 tion=1 Li 51599 R08 tiea=1 Li 51995 R11 ocatea=1 Li 51992 R12 nArea=1 Li ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Padding space with each column

Hi How do I a add space with each column . Each column has fixed size like 1 st column = 10 2nd column = 20 In each column data can be of variable length.So rest of the length should be space Frank Student Sue Admin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chinky23
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading first column of file which start with space also

Hi All, I am trying to read first column of my file using command cat temp2_sample.cir|cut -d' ' -f1 The content of my file is as follow R1 pin23I pin27I R2 pin23G pin27G R3 pin27F pin27D RWire10 pin15Y pin23J VCC1 pin27W pin13Y ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert space in specific column among many columns

Hello, I have some problem in inserting the space for the pairs of columns. I have the input file : I used this code below in replacing it using space in specific column (replace space in each two columns) sed -e "s/,/ /2" -e "s/,/ /3" inputfile Output showed : However, I have many... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: awil
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change some string in specific column with space

Hello All of Master Script , i need help to solve my problem before : mount /dev/rdsk/c1t69d0s6 /dev/rdsk/c1t69d0s6 /vol/cl123/PURGE1 ufs mount /dev/rdsk/c1t70d0s6 /dev/rdsk/c1t70d0s6 /vol/cl123/PURGE2 ufs expected : mount /dev/dsk/c1t69d0s6 /dev/rdsk/c1t69d0s6 /PURGE1 ufs mount ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: k0p0nkkk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove of white space when you have multiple column

i have file in which i want to remove white space from each column where ever it exist there is white space at the end of line. i know how to remove white space if i have only 1 column, but i have multiple columns and white space can be in any column. sed 's/ *$//' file ath-miRf10005-akr... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Space moving to next column (awk HTML)

Hi I have create a report and have converted the text output to HTML but in the output there is a sentence "The transaction was aborted by the user.", the spaces between this sentence is considered as separate column. How can I overcome the same? I am providing my code, text output and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dumpi16
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create the space only in the Third column by awk

Hi All , I am having an input file like this Input file r s e y Pin Numbers s n eppppppppppppppppppc ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
3 Replies
PSC(1)							      General Commands Manual							    PSC(1)

NAME
psc - prepare sc files SYNOPSIS
psc [-fLkrSPv] [-s cell] [-R n] [-C n] [-n n] [-d c] DESCRIPTION
Psc is used to prepare data for input to the spreadsheet calculator sc(1). It accepts normal ascii data on standard input. Standard out- put is a sc file. With no options, psc starts the spreadsheet in cell A0. Strings are right justified. All data on a line is entered on the same row; new input lines cause the output row number to increment by one. The default delimiters are tab and space. The column for- mats are set to one larger than the number of columns required to hold the largest value in the column. OPTIONS
-f Omit column width calculations. This option is for preparing data to be merged with an existing spreadsheet. If the option is not specified, the column widths calculated for the data read by psc will override those already set in the existing spreadsheet. -L Left justify strings. -k Keep all delimiters. This option causes the output cell to change on each new delimiter encountered in the input stream. The default action is to condense multiple delimiters to one, so that the cell only changes once per input data item. -r Output the data by row first then column. For input consisting of a single column, this option will result in output of one row with multiple columns instead of a single column spreadsheet. -s cell Start the top left corner of the spreadsheet in cell. For example, -s B33 will arrange the output data so that the spreadsheet starts in column B, row 33. -R n Increment by n on each new output row. -C n Increment by n on each new output column. -n n Output n rows before advancing to the next column. This option is used when the input is arranged in a single column and the spreadsheet is to have multiple columns, each of which is to be length n. -d c Use the single character c as the delimiter between input fields. -P Plain numbers only. A field is a number only when there is no imbedded [-+eE]. -S All numbers are strings. -v Print the version of psc SEE ALSO
sc(1) AUTHOR
Robert Bond PSC 7.16 19 September 2002 PSC(1)