Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: BASH installation failed
Operating Systems Solaris BASH installation failed Post 302209171 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 26th of June 2008 05:18:02 AM
Old 06-26-2008
download and install this:
ftp://ftp.sunfreeware.com/pub/freewa...sparc-local.gz
package. it contains your missing lib...

hth,
DN2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Failed installation of Solaris 8 in SB2000

Deard all, I installed Solaris 8 in a SUN machine, and after Solaris and Language modules installed, the result is that CDE is not working, also single user mode is only available. I tried with all init stages and the same result. Can someone advice me what to check (Some log file) or what to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmviejo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 9 Installation Error: Mount Failed

I have Pentium 4 CPU with 3 GHZ 500MB of RAM w/ 120 GB of HDD space. I am trying to install Sun Solaris 9 (x86). I saw somewhere to on-line to get Device Configuration Assistant, but I am not sure where or if you guys have any documentations on this issue. This is the error I am getting: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vtsao
1 Replies

3. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash installation error

Hi I'm using svr4 and trying to install bash 3.0.16. it configures fine but once I type make I get the following error making ./lib/intl/libintl.a in ./lib/intl make: fatal error: don't know how to make ./gettextP.h (bu42). *** Error code 1 (bu21) make: fatal error. Any ideas? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
0 Replies

5. AIX

PHP Installation on AIX Failed

The 'make install' is broken for AIX! Help Me!!!! :confused::confused::eek::eek: Reproduce code: --------------- # make install echo '\ \ Installing PHP SAPI module: apache2handler /usr/local/apache/build/instdso.sh SH_LIBTOOL='/usr/local/apache/build/libtool' libphp5.la... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rodrimartins
1 Replies

6. AIX

Ssh installation error "RSA key generation failed"

While trying to upgrade ssh from v4.7 to v5.0 on AIX 5.3 TL9, I end up with the following error. Has anyone come across this? Note: openssl has been upgraded to 0.9.8.840 before this upgrade Bala (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash interactive installation script

Hi, for an exercise I need to write a script that will ask the user about each package in a (local) repository and install it or not according to the user's input. I am fairly new to scripting, so I did not get very far. Here is what I came up with. I really appreciate your help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Softsmid
1 Replies

8. Debian

Bash script to STOP installation 'if' a file exists...

Hey all, Here's my dilemma: 1. I'm a newbie at scripting! 2. I need to create a script that checks: If a file size is equal to zero, then stop the installation. Is there a way to do this or am I wasting my time??? Thanx in advance! :b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thazsar
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script failed with expect on cisco routers

Hi all, I use a bash script which use expect to connect throught ssh and run command on a cisco router. The ssh connection with expect work fine, but the first command on the cisco router failed, I try to run the command in error by hand and it work fine... :( the first part of the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bedomon
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script Locate Word Failed

I'm using CentOS 7 and I would like to know of a way to read each line and search for a specific word. For example, if it finds the word "Fail" it sends it to a variable, and pipes it to a folder on the network. What would be the best way in making this work in a Linux environment? I wrote a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SysAdminRialto
1 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/ksh93 /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/ksh93 /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/sfw/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. NOTES
Restricted shells should not be listed in /etc/shells. SunOS 5.11 1 Nov 2007 getusershell(3C)