Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Generating a generic incremental code Post 302209038 by fabtagon on Wednesday 25th of June 2008 03:42:37 PM
Old 06-25-2008
Try to actually understand what I've written, so you
i) won't have such problems using answers on this board
ii) will be able to help yourself in the future

You should run those commands on e.g. a, not z.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

why is this code generating syntax error?pls help

#!/bin/sh copy() { source=`stat -c %s $1` dest=0 cd $2 while ;do cp $1 $2 & pct=`((100 * $dest) / $source )` dest=`dest+1` echo -en ".$pct%\b\b\b" sleep 1 done } echo "starting now" copy /file1 /tmp (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

incremental backup

Hi All.. i am trying to write a script which will give the incremental tar backup of all files with latest timestam. i tried with find -mmin -2 but if it takes half on hour or something to creat the tar itself, then no meaning in using the above command. so please help me to find the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Usha Shastri
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

incremental by 1

let says, i have this number as 000002080, i want to add 1 to make it 000002081, and then i want to add 1 to 000002082, add 1 to 000002083, 84. i=000002080 TOT=$(echo "scale=9; $i + 1" | bc) echo $TOT it shows 2081, i want to retain 000002081, 000002082, 000002082, 000002084. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Incremental Backup

I have a folder /root/test in a centos 5.3 system. I want to take an incremental backup of the contents of the folder in the C:\Downloads folder of a windows system present in the same lan as the linux system. What are the ways of executing this plan? Kindly help (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FULL or INCREMENTAL ???

Hi. Can someone tell me if the following script that i have made is a script for INCREMENTAL BACKUP or FULL BACKUP. My teacher told me that is doing an FULL BACKUP. • find /etc /var /home -newer /backups/.backup_reference > /backups/.files_to_archive • touch /backups/.backup_reference • tar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bender-alex
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

auto-generating assembly code by variables found by script

Hi everybody I'm working on a list of registers(flip-flops to be exact), now i need to extract some value from this list and use them as arguments to pass them to some assembly code for example i have: 118 chain79 MASTER (FF-LE) FFFF 1975829 /TCK F FD1TQHVTT1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delimiter Conversion(Generic Code)

Hi All, I am looking for a generic code which can search for the existing delimiter(what ever it may be) in a file and convert it to Pipeline. The file may have Pipeline delimiter already in that case just leave it. Please find below some sample records. Sample records1: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incremental numbering?

Would it be possible for a script to duplicate a file and incrementally number it? File in: XXX_007_0580_xxxx_v0016.aep File out: XXX_007_0580_xxxx_v0017.aep If someone knows of a way I'd love to see it. Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
7 Replies
doctoc_lang_faq(n)						Documentation tools						doctoc_lang_faq(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
doctoc_lang_faq - doctoc language faq DESCRIPTION
OVERVIEW
WHAT IS THIS DOCUMENT? This document is currently mainly a placeholder, to be filled with commonly asked questions about the doctoc markup language and compan- ions, and their answers. Please report any questions (and, if possible, answers) we should consider for this document in the category doctools of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. EXAMPLES
WHERE DO I FIND DOCTOC EXAMPLES? We have no direct examples of documents written using doctoc markup. However the doctools processor dtplite does generate a table of con- tents when processing a set of documents written in doctools markup. The intermediate file for it uses doctoc markup and is not deleted when generation completes. Such files can therefore serve as examples. dtplite is distributed as part of Tcllib, so to get it you need one of [1] A CVS snapshot of Tcllib. How to retrieve such a snapshot and the tools required for this are described at http://source- forge.net/cvs/?group_id=12883 [2] A Tcllib release archive. They are available at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=12883 BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report any such in the category doctools of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either the package and/or the documentation. SEE ALSO
doctoc_lang_cmdref, doctoc_lang_intro, doctoc_lang_syntax KEYWORDS
doctoc commands, doctoc language, doctoc markup, doctoc syntax, examples, faq, markup, semantic markup CATEGORY
Documentation tools COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> doctools 1.0 doctoc_lang_faq(n)