Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scp automated script
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users scp automated script Post 302208961 by kknigga on Wednesday 25th of June 2008 11:52:27 AM
Old 06-25-2008
I think the big question here is why can't ssh write to ~/.ssh/known_hosts?

If it could, it would cache that fingerprint and stop asking.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help for automated script

Hi ALL: I need to write a script that will start bunch of servers. and these servers each has a sudo account and they need a passowrd. I dont know where to start and look. Can you please give me some hints or some sample code. Thanks in advance. splax (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: splax
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need automated shell script please

I'm totally new to shell scripting and I would like to ask your help 1.i want to have a .sh script where it runs opening 2 applications one after another 2.i have 2 applications in /applications/app1 /applications/app2 3. want this script to launch app1 for 20 seconds and get killed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uneex
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want automated script

echo "Enter your choice :\c" read num case $num in . 1)"${TEST_HOME}"/ctrl_extract.ksh 1 ;; 2)"${TEST_HOME}"/ctrl_extract.ksh 2 ;;3)"${TEST_HOME}"/ctrl_extract.ksh 3 ;; 4)"${TEST_HOME}"/ctrl_extract.ksh 4 ;; 5)"${TEST_HOME}"/ctrl_extract.ksh 5 ;;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automated backup script

I want to create an automated backup script that will copy files to different directories for different days. I will use a detachable USB drive, under SCO 5.0.7. I am very new to Unix, and will require most of the script. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bennieinbots
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automated SCP script passing password to preserve source file timestamp

Hi My requirement is i want to copy files from remote server to the local server and also i need to preserve the timestamp of the remote file. By using scp -p , it is working fine in the interactive call but it is not preserving he file timestamp when i use it in the non interactive scp call... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skumar75
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Automated Shell Script

Hello, how can I write a shell script that looks in running processes and if there isn't a process name containing 91.34.124.35 then execute a file in a certain place. I know PHP, in PHP I could do a preg_match_all but I don't know how to do it in shell. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nottingham
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated SCP from a job?

Hi all - I have a script which runs on the OS level, but refuses to run as a cron or as an Oracle job. The Script is pretty straight forward: #!/bin/bash username="MyUsername" host="Remote.server" path="Remote.directory/files/*.*" password="MyPassword" expect -c " spawn /usr/bin/scp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danimaltex
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to make script automated

if i have a script called test.sh file1=$(ls -l|awk '{print $9 $1}') awk ' /date_of_selling:/ { print $6 ":" &9 }' /$file1 >> data.txt if i wanna this script to run automatically every day at 8 am :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: teefa
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an automated script

Hi, I need a script to execute below task. As of now I am doing it manually and want it automated. 1)go to below path cd /path/of/file check for the availibility of two file as below of the latest date. test.week1.data test.week2.data Case1. If above files are not present... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated scp using shell & expect

Hi All, I have written a script to automate scp of files. Most of the times it works fine except few cases. I want your help and suggestions to fix these failures. I have used expect & shell to do the automated scp. Below is code $ cat scp.ksh #!/bin/ksh inputfile=$1 fdest_sid=$2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeresh_15
8 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine (presumably using a login password, so password authentication should be enabled, unless you've done some clever use of multiple identities) It also changes the permissions of the remote user's home, ~/.ssh, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys to remove group writability (which would oth- erwise prevent you from logging in, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration). If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary) SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)