Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Errors while executing mysql cmds in SUn solaris server Post 302208909 by rahzzbietel on Wednesday 25th of June 2008 09:14:04 AM
Old 06-25-2008
Hammer & Screwdriver Errors while executing mysql cmds in SUn solaris server

Hi,

Thing is, you're logged in a ROOT. I'm not 100% sure about this but my guess is that you should try login as the DB user instead?.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

What's the difference: 'nuhup cmds' Vs 'cmds &'

Hello, Case: If I want to run a script background and logout, which command should I use ? 1)# ./script_name & 2)# nohup script_name 3)# nohup script_name & And any differences ? What happens if I redirect the output to a file? I learned somewhere that the (1) format will stop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: billshu
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors while executing cmds in sun solaris

Hi All, I am using mysql at sun solaris unix(Hp) server. I logged into mysql server with root as user. its logged in properly. Then i used 'show databases' mysql command. its display all the available databases. for example mysql > show databases; It displayed as follows. exampledb1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbsurf
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Errors trying to compile PHP for use with MySQL on Solaris 10

have installed and am using the GNU based tools from the Sunfreeware site to compile PHP. I already have Apache, MySQL, and Oracle compiled and working properly. Below is my configure string for my PHP build: ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php5 \... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsysadm2003
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Compile PHP 5.3.6 with MySql on Sun Blade 1500 Solaris 10

Hello, I'm trying to compile PHP 5.3.6 with Apache2 and MySql 5.5.12. I hit a problem that I can't seem to resolve by myself and I could not find a solution on the web. It looks like Apache and MySql installed ok, I can start/stop them with no problem. When I try to compile PHP the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pn8830
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Server and Solaris 7 Inquiry

Greetings! Will be firing up the good ole pizza box, soon. Does anyone know if Solaris 7 is still okay to use? Last time I attempted was 2006. Thank you in advance, ControlTomato (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ControlTomato
6 Replies
NWUSERLIST(1)							    nwuserlist							     NWUSERLIST(1)

NAME
nwuserlist - List Users logged in at a NetWare server SYNOPSIS
nwuserlist [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -a ] [ -q ] [ -f [ -d ] [ -D ] [ -t ]] DESCRIPTION
nwuserlist lists the users logged in at a NetWare server, together with their connection number and their login time. nwuserlist looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more informa- tion. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwuserlist prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -a With option -a the IPX address of the station the user is logged in from is printed as well. -q With option -q object ID is printed in addition to user name. -f List also files opened by each connection. -d List detailed informations about each file. -D List DOS filename instead of filename which was used for opening. -t Show raw hexadecimal values in addition to human readable conversions. AUTHORS
nwuserlist was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwuserlist 7/22/1996 NWUSERLIST(1)