Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filter out lines of a cvs from values from an other file Post 302208898 by danmero on Wednesday 25th of June 2008 08:39:24 AM
Old 06-25-2008
Code:
awk -F',' 'NR==FNR{_[$1];next} $10 in _{print}' filter data

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I filter double lines from a txt file

Hi, I have a file with the following: access-list.txt router1 access-list 1 permit any any access-list 1 deny any any router2 access-list 2 permit any any access-list 2 deny any any router3 access-list 3 permit any any access-list 3 deny any any I want to hava an output that... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data

hi all, I have this file with some user data. example: $cat myfile.txt FName|LName|Gender|Company|Branch|Bday|Salary|Age aaaa|bbbb|male|cccc|dddd|19900814|15000|20| eeee|asdg|male|gggg|ksgu|19911216||| aara|bdbm|male|kkkk|acke|19931018||23| asad|kfjg|male|kkkc|gkgg|19921213|14000|24|... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimal
4 Replies

3. Linux

Filter a .CSV file based on the 5th column values

I have a .CSV file with the below format: "column 1","column 2","column 3","column 4","column 5","column 6","column 7","column 8","column 9","column 10 "12310","42324564756","a simple string with a , comma","string with or, without commas","string 1","USD","12","70%","08/01/2013",""... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to filter out lines containing unique values in a specified column

Hi, I have multiple files that each contain four columns of strings: File1: Code: 123 abc gfh 273 456 ddff jfh 837 789 ghi u4u 395 File2: Code: 123 abc dd fu 456 def 457 nd 891 384 djh 783 I want to compare the strings in Column 1 of File 1 with each other file and Print in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter all the lines with minimum specified length of words of a text file

Hi Can someone tell me which script will work best (in terms of speed and simplicity to write and run) for a large text file to filter all the lines with a minimum specified length of words ? A sample script with be definitely of great help !!! Thanks in advance. :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command -Filter rows in fixed width file based on column values

Hi All, I am trying to select the rows in a fixed width file based on values in the columns. I want to select only the rows if column position 3-4 has the value AB I am using cut command to get the column values. Is it possible to check if cut -c3-4 = AB is true then select only that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.k
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter lines based on values at specific positions

hi. I have a Fixed Length text file as input where the character positions 4-5(two character positions starting from 4th position) indicates the LOB indicator. The file structure is something like below: 10126Apple DrinkOmaha 10231Milkshake New Jersey 103 Billabong Illinois ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read in Multiple log files and output selected variables and values to cvs file

I have several problems with my problems: I hope you can help me. 1) the If else statement I am getting an error message. My syntax must be incorrect because the entire statement is throwing an error. For example in filew.log if these items don't exist Memsize, SASFoundation and also if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter file to remove duplicate values in first column

Hello, I have a script that is generating a tab delimited output file. num Name PCA_A1 PCA_A2 PCA_A3 0 compound_00 -3.5054 -1.1207 -2.4372 1 compound_01 -2.2641 0.4287 -1.6120 3 compound_03 -1.3053 1.8495 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to filter certain lines from a file

hi~ i need script on AIX. and have a text file following : create aa 1 2 3 from a@a; create bb from b; create cc 3 4 5 6 6 7 from c@c; (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomato00
7 Replies
PAR::Filter(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    PAR::Filter(3)

NAME
PAR::Filter - Input filter for PAR SYNOPSIS
$code = 'use strict; print "Hello, World! ";'; $ref = PAR::Filter->new('PodStrip', 'Bleach')->apply($code); print $code; # pod-stripped and obfuscated code print $$ref; # same thing $ref = PAR::Filter->new('PodStrip', 'Bleach')->apply('file.pl'); print $$ref; # same thing, applied to file.pl DESCRIPTION
Starting with PAR 0.76, "pp -f" takes a filter name, like "Bleach", and invokes this module to transform the programs with PAR::Filter::Bleach. Similarily, "pp -F Bleach" applies the Bleach filter to all included modules. It is possible to pass in multiple such filters, which are applied in turn. The output of each such filter is expected be semantically equivalent to the input, although possibly obfuscated. The default list of filters include: o PAR::Filter::Bleach The archetypical obfuscating filter. o PAR::Filter::Obfuscate Use B::Deobfuscate to strip away indents and comments, as well as mangling variable names. o PAR::Filter::PatchContent Fix PAR-incompatible modules, applied to modules by default. o PAR::Filter::PodStrip Strip away POD sections, applied to modules by default. o PAR::Filter::Bytecode Use B::Bytecode to strip away indents and comments. This filter is deprecated! For source hiding, have a look at PAR::Filter::Crypto instead and make sure to read about its caveats. AUTHORS
Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003-2009 by Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.18.2 2012-01-06 PAR::Filter(3)