Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find and replace in subdirectory (filename & content - both) Post 302208868 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 25th of June 2008 06:54:55 AM
Old 06-25-2008
Assuming you have only one line in your file:

Code:
awk '{sub("cust_mst","reseller_mst")}' /D0/D1/D2/CUST_MST_TEMP.txt > /D0/D1/D2/RESELLER_MST_TEMP.txt

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find filename based on file content

:confused: There is a flat file on my system which contains email addreses of people in my company. This file is utilized when sending notifications for various things. However nobody knows where this file is located or what it is named. The only thing we know is the email address of a user who... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kollerj
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect grep output to dynamique fileName and subdirectory

Hi all i'm new in KSH, i want to write a script to grep a logs files and redirecting the result into a relative subdirectory/file.txt that must be created near to each log file my begin script is : find ./logs -type f -name "*.log" -exec grep error {} \; how i can perform that modest... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rambler
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace string in multiple files & folders using perl

find . -type f -name "*.sql" -print|xargs perl -i -pe 's/pattern/replaced/g' this is simple logic to find and replace in multiple files & folders Hope this helps. Thanks Zaheer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & replace content using awk/gsub

Hi, I have two files master.txt & reference.txt. Sample below Master.txt 2372,MTS,AP 919848001104,Airtel,DL 0819,MTS,MUM 919849788001,Airtel,AP 1430,Aircel MP,20 Reference.txt 2372,919848701430,46467 919848002372,2372,47195 2372,919849788001,59027 0819,028803,1 0819,029801,1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace content of files using gsub in awk

Hi,I have 2 files master.txt & reference.txt as shown below & i require o/p as mentioned in file 3 using awk but content is not replacing properlymaster.txt:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
15 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find a file based on pattern & return the filename if found?

Hi all, I am a newbie here. I have this requirement to find a file based on a pattern then return the filename if found. I created a script based on online tutorials. Though, I am stuck & really appreciate if anyone can have a quick look & point me to the right direction? #Script starts... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: buster_t
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find: filename in every subdirectory matching a pattern

Hi, I have multiple directories built in following manner /app/red/tmp /app/blue/upd /app/blue/tmp /app/green/tmp /app/red/upd /app/green/upd I have filenames having pattern ONE.XXX.dat TWO.ZZZ.dat and so on across the folders listed above My objective is to list all filenames of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List all File Content its subdirectory

Is there anyway to display the file content in a subdirectory that starts or ends with a certain filename, say .txt? or start with NTS $ ls * dos2unix.bat dos2unix.exe test.txt FilePermissions: filepermission.html NTSLA32_SystemDrive.txt NTSLA36_regedit.txt filepermission.sh ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find all files containing string not following symlinks CAT (modified) output content to /filename

This should recursively walk through all dirictories and search for a specified string in all present files, if found output manicured content (eg some regex) with CAT into a specified directory (eg /tmp/) one by one, keeping the original names This is what I have so far, which seems to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compressing & removing files in a directory & subdirectory

Hi, I want a simple line of code that will compress files within a directory specified (parameter) and its subdirectories and also i want to remove files which are exactly 365 days old from the sysdate after this compression. Please help. Thanks, JD (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
8 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)