Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Output formatting prob.. guyz plz hlp Post 302208827 by anushree.a on Wednesday 25th of June 2008 04:38:28 AM
Old 06-25-2008
Dear unSpawn when i incorporated ur suggestion in scrypt and got an error msg

Error msg: test.sh: Syntax error at line 1 : `(' is not expected.

Line that i hv incorporated in my scrypt is
cat login.txt | while read LINE; do LINE=(${LINE//|/ })
echo -en "Name: ${LINE[0]}\nLogin time: ${LINE[1]}\nLog out time: ${LINE[2]}\n\n"
done

Plz help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to download Red hat plz Hlp ?

ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/ Hi all , I know how to go to the distibution site but How to download if using ftp I want to ask this Q:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to connect to the Internet Using RH 7.2 i.e configuration plz Hlp

How to connect to the Internet Using RH 7.2 i.e configuration plz Hlp.....cause I want to accsses to the Internet to download Help and application in the Red hat OS???? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the output of that Shell Scripts Plz tell me

tr "" "" | sort | awk 'length($0)>0' | uniq -c (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brain_full
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi guyz

i require a script which can import the ip address and use it as an input to other. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: din_annauniv
3 Replies

6. Linux

Output formatting problem..Plz hlp

Hi guys, It will be a great help if somebody can help me in following problem. I have tried hard but because of lack of UNIX/LINUX knowledge I am not able to do it. I have written a script that returns 3 things of all the employees in my organisation. i.e. Name, Login time & log out time of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

File opening prob. plz assist guys

Hi friends, this problem is pretty similar to the thread that i have generated earlier. If the TXT file that i have opened using "cat" is huge then my putty can only show me last few lines. Similarly if i use "more" command to open a huge TXT file then it asks to press any key to scroll up the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

more help with formatting ls output...

Ok, for a fun project, my goal is to replicate the style of "catalog" on an old apple ] *A 002 SOMEAPPLESOFTFILE B 004 SOMEFILE T 006 SOMETEXT I 002 SOMEINTEGERFILE The first character is either " " or "*" depending on if the file is locked or not. Next is the filetype, so in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patrick99e99
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting ls output

I am using find and ls to search for "warez" files on my server. find /home/ -regex ".*\.\(avi\|mp3\|mpeg\|mpg\|iso\)" -print0 | xargs -0 ls -oh This command produces this: -rw-r--r-- 1 1000 3.2M Feb 18 2009 /home/user/public_html/lupus.mp3 I want to only get this 3.2M... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonrad
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need some Help for file filteration and saving the output in other directory using grep....plz ...

Hi all........ Plss do help me.......in a big trouble... :wall::wall::wall: I have 3 directories named as :1. /home/shuchi/source 2./home/shuchi/destination 3./home/shuchi/filter now the problem is /home/shuchi/source has say 2 files with extension .txt as given below : A.txt Code: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
0 Replies
ATSADC(1)							       local								 ATSADC(1)

NAME
atsadc, atsa1, atsaftp, atsahttp -- counter-collection SYNOPSIS
atsadc [ t n ] [ ofile ] atsa1 [ t n ] atsaftp atsahttp DESCRIPTION
System activity-data can be gathered on special request of a user [see atsar(1) ] or automatically, on a routine basis, as described here. Usually the kernel maintains statistical counters that are incremented as various system actions occur. These include counters for CPU uti- lization, disk utilization, memory utilization and various network statistics. The program atsadc and the shell-script atsa1 are used to collect, save, and process these counters. The program atsadc (the data collector) samples system data n times with an interval of t seconds between samples, and writes in binary format to ofile or (default) to standard output. The sampling interval t should be greater than 1 second. If t and n are omitted, a special reset-record is written. This facility is used when booting to a multi-user state, to mark the time at which the counters restart from zero. For example, the reset-mark can be added to the daily data by the command: /usr/local/bin/atsadc /var/log/atsar/atsa`date +%d` Note that this entry is written to the /etc/rc.d/init.d/atsar file. The shell-script atsa1 is used to collect and store data in the binary file /var/log/atsar/atsadd where dd is the current day of the month. The arguments t and n cause records to be written n times at an interval of t seconds, or once if omitted. Furthermore this script takes care that log-files older than a week are removed once a day. A file containing following entries should be added to the /etc/cron.d directory to produce records every 20 minutes during working hours and hourly otherwise: 0 * * * 0-6 root /usr/local/bin/atsa1 20,40 8-17 * * 1-5 root /usr/local/bin/atsa1 See crontab(1) for details. The shell-script atsaftp counts the new transfers registered in the FTP-logfile(s) since the previous time this script was activated; the new counters are stored in the /var/log/atsar/ftpstat file in ASCII-format. The names of the FTP-logfiles to be watched are specified in the /etc/atsar.conf configuration-file. The shell-script atsahttp counts the new transfers registered in the HTTP-logfile(s) since the previous time this script was activated; the new counters are stored in the /var/log/atsar/httpstat file in ASCII-format. The names of the HTTP-logfiles to be watched are specified in the /etc/atsar.conf configuration-file. Both scripts must be activated just before the program atsadc is started, which also collects these counters. FILES
/var/log/atsar/atsadd Daily data file, where dd are digits representing the day of the month. SEE ALSO
atsar(1), crontab(1) AUTHOR
Gerlof Langeveld, AT Computing (gerlof@ATComputing.nl) AT Computing July 2004 ATSADC(1)