Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to execute a sh command from a csh script Post 302208822 by bonovox on Wednesday 25th of June 2008 04:24:03 AM
Old 06-25-2008
Thaks a lot
It works fine!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to execute user command

I don't know why the following shell script doesn't work. Could you please help me out? #!/usr/bin/ksh test="cal > /tmp/tmp.txt 2>&1" $test I know it will work for the following format: #!/usr/bin/ksh cal > /tmp/tmp.txt 2>&1 However, I need to get the command from the user in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redtiger
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh failing to call an 2 embedded csh script

I have an extraordinary problem with a csh script.....(feel free to berate the use of this but I'm modifying an existing bunch of them) Anyway, I have a master csh script which in turn calls a second csh script. This second csh script is below. Within this second script are two compiled C++... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pollsizer
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help: Build a sed command and execute it in a script

I am using an array to store some data (keys e.g 47975081_1215781266128), it can be assumed that it is key to other data. I want extract data from a file based on a couple of keys (range) and store the resulting data in a variable using the following command: sed -n... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gugs
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

write a shell script to execute a command

Hello all, I have just started doing shell scripting. I want to read a file which stores the status of my job I have submitted on a cluster. The file looks something like this : ========================FILE============================= crab: Checking the status of all jobs: please wait... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learn_linux
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command not found errors when running csh script

I am trying to find the number of files whose name starts with uni. Below is the code but it is giving error. :confused: #!/bin/csh FILES_NAME ='files_list'; FILE_NAME_PATTERN = 'uni*'; NO_OF_FILES; ls -l $FILE_NAME_PATTERN > $FILES_NAME ; NO_OF_FILES = `wc -l $FILES_NAME`; echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute a command in different directory through Unix Script

Hi Gurus, I have the below requirement, Execute an unix script which will pick the latest file from the archive directory and do a grep (on multiple patterns) on that file. processingDir="/usr/apps/irdc/informatica/spsf_sales/TgtFiles/ARCHIVE" filename = 'ls Check* | sort -n -k 2 |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs but does not execute rm -rf command

Hi! First off I'm no bin/bash script writer! :( I can make heads and tales of it from the php experience I have and that's all. Now I managed to piece this script together to go look at directory and remove files that are +60 days. It's finding the files but its not removing them. I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrBiggz
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute application command in shell script?

friends, i have application commands to execute in shell script it is something like this. i will login with user data it takes me to $ prompt. Example given below login: data ps : xxxx $ MNSinput --this takes me to greater than prompt > > ops --this is command i enter this output... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: udaykrishna
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
EVIM(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   EVIM(1)

NAME
evim - easy Vim, edit a file with Vim and setup for modeless editing SYNOPSIS
evim [options] [file ..] eview DESCRIPTION
eVim starts Vim and sets options to make it behave like a modeless editor. This is still Vim but used as a point-and-click editor. This feels a lot like using Notepad on MS-Windows. eVim will always run in the GUI, to enable the use of menus and toolbar. Only to be used for people who really can't work with Vim in the normal way. Editing will be much less efficient. eview is the same, but starts in read-only mode. It works just like evim -R. See vim(1) for details about Vim, options, etc. The 'insertmode' option is set to be able to type text directly. Mappings are setup to make Copy and Paste work with the MS-Windows keys. CTRL-X cuts text, CTRL-C copies text and CTRL-V pastes text. Use CTRL-Q to obtain the original meaning of CTRL-V. OPTIONS
See vim(1). FILES
/usr/share/vim/vim74/evim.vim The script loaded to initialize eVim. AKA
Also Known As "Vim for gumbies". When using evim you are expected to take a handkerchief, make a knot in each corner and wear it on your head. SEE ALSO
vim(1) AUTHOR
Most of Vim was made by Bram Moolenaar, with a lot of help from others. See the Help/Credits menu. 2002 February 16 EVIM(1)