Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to run multiple process at the same time Post 302208646 by lestat_ecuador on Tuesday 24th of June 2008 01:41:21 PM
Old 06-24-2008
Error how to run multiple process at the same time

Hello guys,

Look what im doing:

I need to run a process from a SERVER1 to SERVER2, SERVER3 and SERVER4.

The shell of the process is in each SERVER (2 to 4)

So from SERVER1 i do:

Code:
for i in SERVER2 SERVER3 SERVER4
do
rsh $i '
./process.sh
'
done

The problem is: each process.sh takes around 30 minutes so i have to wait 90 minutes to take the final result, my question is, how i can run the process.sh in the SERVER2, SERVER3 and SERVER4 at the same time? and i have to wait only 30 minutes?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Process Run time information

Hello, I am working on Sun Solaris 5.7. I am trying to read the running time of a process through a C program. One way I am reading it is by using the command ps -<pid> -f The other way is from the struct psinfo_t which is there under /proc/pid/psinfo. However, the two times are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmurali
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run process in certain date and time

hi all! i want to run a process in certain date and hour (like feb 2007 ,hour 3 p.m) how shell i write it my script call cs-update-pr another question :as the script running, will i see it as process ?ho does it run background? and if not - how can i define to him to run background? thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
3 Replies

3. Programming

kill a process which run out of time

hello everybody!! i want ur help! it is urgent!! ... pid=fork(); if(pid==0) { execl(a program); exit(1);} else if (pid>0) { timer(5); //(command 1)timer is a function that count up to 5sec if(kill(pid,0)==0)kill(pid,9);//(command 2) wait(&status); .... } else perror("error");... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run process with nohup every certain time

Hi, I need execute a script every 30 minutes. As might be done without using cron Thx. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepeli30
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor the process system when a process from user takes longer than 15 min run.

get email notification from from system when a process from XXXX user takes longer than 15 min run.Let me know the time estimation for the same. hi ,any one please tell me , how to write a script to get email notification from system when a process from as mentioned above a xxxx user takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankrishna3
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple process write to same log file at the same time

If we have 3 process to write to same log file at the same time like below. will it cause the data outdated because the multiple process writing same time? It this a safe way to keep the log for multiple process? p1 >> test.log &; p2 >> test.log &; p3 >> test.log & Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: casttree
5 Replies

7. Ubuntu

run multiple command at the same time in one window terminal using multiplexer

Hi, I would like to ask if someone knows or accomplished this task in the terminal multiplexer in a single window with multiple splitted pane: In the script run multiple command at the same time in diff splitted pane or simulatneously. As an example: I would like to run iptraf, iotop, htop,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accepting multiple values in a variable at run time

Hi, Below is starting entry of my script #!/bin/ksh Usage() { print "Usage: $0 ID OPTION SERVER" print "<br>Where :" print "<br>Enter your ID into PARAM1, OPTION in the PARAM2 and SERVER in the PARAM3 field" print "<br>ID should be a valid ID" print "<br>OPTION should be either... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopajitmalakar
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing multiple run time arguments

the scenario is - If I pass 3 three arguments( run time) , it should list all .txt files from a path to temp file if I pass 2 arguments ( run time) , it should list all .csv files from the same path to another temp file the above scenario should be handled in single code and also I dont know ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashanth B
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To run 5 commands at the same time with process from a list

I have many command is list in the variable lists,each command will run a very long time, so I want to run 5 commands at the same time with process till it complete run all the command, lists="aa bb cc dd xx gg blabla zz ......." ( a very long list) can some one point me the codes? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies
shell(1F)							   FMLI Commands							 shell(1F)

NAME
shell - run a command using shell SYNOPSIS
shell command [command] ... DESCRIPTION
The shell function concatenate its arguments, separating each by a space, and passes this string to the shell ($SHELL if set, otherwise /usr/bin/sh). EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample output of shell command. Since the Form and Menu Language does not directly support background processing, the shell function can be used instead. `shell "build prog > /dev/null &"` If you want the user to continue to be able to interact with the application while the background job is running, the output of an exe- cutable run by shell in the background must be redirected: to a file if you want to save the output, or to /dev/null if you don't want to save it (or if there is no output), otherwise your application may appear to be hung until the background job finishes processing. shell can also be used to execute a command that has the same name as an FMLI built-in function. NOTES
The arguments to shell will be concatenate using spaces, which may or may not do what is expected. The variables set in local environments will not be expanded by the shell because "local" means "local to the current process." ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 shell(1F)