Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting check for the value of one particular field and give output in a different file Post 302208445 by deepakgang on Tuesday 24th of June 2008 01:12:02 AM
Old 06-24-2008
use a case statement

severity=`awk '/\[Alarm Severity\]:/ {print $3}' file`

case $severity in
MINOR) <statements> ;;

MAJOR) <statements> ;;

esac

not sure if this is the best way...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output Multiple Field from dataBase file

I am fairly new in unix I was wondering if anybody can help me out with this: I am trying to output to a file the following fields; Field1 Field2 Field4 From a database file dataBase1. this is how the file looks: dataBase1 TABLE DATA Example ================== Table ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dennz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

avoid open file to check field.

Hi Everyone, # cat a.txt 94,aqqc,62345907, 5,aeec,77, # cat 1.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Date::Manip; open(my $FA, "/root/a.txt") or die "$!"; while(<$FA>) { chomp; my @tmp=split(/\,/, $_); if (index($tmp, "qq") ne -1) { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

simplify the script, check field match to value in a file

Hi Everyone, Below is the script, i feel there should be more simple way to do the same output, my one works, but feel not nice. like using index i feel it is slow (image my file is very large), maybe awk can do one line code? Please advice. # cat 1.txt 1 a 2 b 3 cc 4 d # cat 1.pl... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check field formatting of input file?

Hi, I had input file with below data, abcdefghij;20100903040607;1234567891;GLOBAL; Having values of fields with seperated by semi-colon (;) and ended with line feed (\n). Through shell script, how can I check the field formatting? Thanks in advance. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
18 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take name of input file to give the name of output file

Hello everyone, I think this would be easy for you experts. Refering the suggestion that Scrutinizer gave me in this thread https://www.unix.com/302612499-post13.html I have the script in this form awk '{$1=$1}1' "$1" | awk ' ...' Where "$1" takes the value of "inputfile" then I can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files Field by field and output the result in another file

Hi Friends, Need Help. I have file1.txt as File1.txt |123|A|7267|Hyder|Cross|Sell|7801 |995|A|7051|2008|Lunar|New|Year|Promotion|7801 |996|A|7022|Q108|Targ|Prospect|&|SSCC|Savings|Promo|7801 |997|A|7182|Q1|Feb-Apr|08|Credit|ITA|PA|SBA|Campaign|7801 File2.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz Help. Compare 2 files field by field and get the output in another file.

Hi Freinds, I have 2 files . one is source.txt and second one is target.txt. I want to keep source.txt as baseline and compare target.txt. please find the data in 2 files and Expected output. Source.txt 1|HYD|NAG|TRA|34.5|1234 2|CHE|ESW|DES|36.5|134 3|BAN|MEH|TRA|33.5|234... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to check the value greater than or less than and give out put to a file

HI, I have one file which is as below cat /var/tmp/test1 | awk '{ print $3}'|grep -v affected Data ---------- 200.4 . The above 200 value is changable by the database script. Now I need a script that checks the value 200.4 and the script shoud give out put if value is more than 225 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani4u
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ID incorrect field values in dat file and output to new file

Hi All I have a .dat file, the values are seperated by ". I wish to identify all field values in field 14 that are not '01-APR-2013' band then copy those records to a new file. Can anyone suggest the UNIX command required. Thanks in advance Andy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aurum1313
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check field value from a file records

I need a script to check the records in a file , if any value match transfer the record in error.txt file. 1- If any of the any field value is NULL(nothing in this field) Record1|Record2|Record3|Record4|Record5|DATE1|DATE2 Example: 11111111|22222222|NULL|12|444|27042018|27042018... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekn
8 Replies
SYBASE_SET_MESSAGE_HANDLER(3)											     SYBASE_SET_MESSAGE_HANDLER(3)

sybase_set_message_handler - Sets the handler called when a server message is raised

SYNOPSIS
bool sybase_set_message_handler (callable $handler, [resource $link_identifier]) DESCRIPTION
sybase_set_message_handler(3) sets a user function to handle messages generated by the server. You may specify the name of a global func- tion, or use an array to specify an object reference and a method name. PARAMETERS
o $handler - The handler expects five arguments in the following order: message number, severity, state, line number and description. The first four are integers. The last is a string. If the function returns FALSE, PHP generates an ordinary error message. o $link_identifier - If the link identifier isn't specified, the last opened link is assumed. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 sybase_set_message_handler(3) callback function <?php function msg_handler($msgnumber, $severity, $state, $line, $text) { var_dump($msgnumber, $severity, $state, $line, $text); } sybase_set_message_handler('msg_handler'); ?> Example #2 sybase_set_message_handler(3) callback to a class <?php class Sybase { function handler($msgnumber, $severity, $state, $line, $text) { var_dump($msgnumber, $severity, $state, $line, $text); } } $sybase= new Sybase(); sybase_set_message_handler(array($sybase, 'handler')); ?> Example #3 sybase_set_message_handler(3) unhandled messages <?php // Return FALSE from this function to indicate you can't handle // this. The error is printed out as a warning, the way you're used // to it if there is no handler installed. function msg_handler($msgnumber, $severity, $state, $line, $text) { if (257 == $msgnumber) { return false; } var_dump($msgnumber, $severity, $state, $line, $text); } sybase_set_message_handler('msg_handler'); ?> NOTES
Note This function is only available when using the CT library interface to Sybase, and not with the DB library. PHP Documentation Group SYBASE_SET_MESSAGE_HANDLER(3)