Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help on metadb
Operating Systems Solaris help on metadb Post 302208438 by incredible on Tuesday 24th of June 2008 12:39:06 AM
Old 06-24-2008
Are you trying to create a RAID or toubleshoot a disk failure? You sound urgent..?Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris with metadb

Hi All, If solaris has metadb services on the disk, it means that it has a HW raid controller. Or what. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to create metadb when there is no free slice

Hi All, I have to do disk mirroring, for that I have to create a metadb as disk mirroring have to do with SVM. However I do not have any slice free for metadb. What are the options? Please suggest (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

metadb errors

Hi All. Been out of Unix admin work for about 10 years and I just took over a new position... seeing the 'use metadb to delete databases which are broken message' on reboot. The system comes up but I'm not sure what's on this disk that's failing... metadb -i shows: excalibur# metadb... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
1 Replies

4. Solaris

metadb problem - server unable to boot

Hi everyone I have a problem. My configuration is as follows: Sun 280R server 2 x internal disks 3 x state databases on disk 1 3 x state databases on disk 2 Disk 1 was giving errors, so I cleared the mirrors on it, deleted the state databases and replaced the disk. Before attaching... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Creating MetaDB

I'm trying create metadb's. I'm telling them to live on mounted partitions. Is this acceptable? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Meta Devices ( Metadb )

Hi All, I have two disks which has been configured for RAID 1 Already. I am adding more 6 disks in the system and I am configuring RAID 1 for all. So in this case should , how should i create a metadb . Thanks and Regards Rj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
3 Replies

7. Solaris

How to create metadb with zpool in Solaris 11

Hi, my root pool is as follows. How can I create a metadb if I want to create SVM volumes? zpool status pool: rpool1 state: ONLINE scan: none requested config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM rpool1 ONLINE 0 0 0 c4t1d0s0 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating metadb

hi all , i need please help with this command i tried to create a metadb in live system , i got this message metadb: fintest: c0t0d0s7: overlaps with c0t0d0s0 which is mounted as '/' any idea of who to do the creation with such problem (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaan
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Metadb

Hi, I have inherited a system with two disks mirrored, and only 1 metadb on each, I have deleted the db on c1t1 and recreated 3 which is fine. But when it comes to c1t0, the metadb -d /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s5 doesnt removed the existing db and the create metadb -a -f -c3 /dev/dsk/c1t0dos5 wont... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: richard.tarlton
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris can not boot because metadb lost

how to recovery metadb? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dzung
1 Replies
vxr5check(1M)															     vxr5check(1M)

NAME
vxr5check - verify RAID-5 volume parity SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vxr5check [-i | -v] [-g diskgroup] volume DESCRIPTION
The vxr5check utility compares the parity of each stripe of a RAID-5 volume specified by volume. vxr5check reads the data for each stripe, generates the parity for this stripe, and compares this parity with the existing parity. vxr5check can be run against the entire RAID-5 volume, or incrementally on RAID-5 stripe boundaries, by specifying the -i option. OPTIONS
-g diskgroup Specifies the Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) disk group name for the RAID-5 volume name for verification. If this option is not specified, the default disk group is determined using the rules given in the vxdg(1M) manual page. -i Verifies the RAID-5 volume incrementally per stripes. If a parity mismatch is found, that stripe location is displayed. -v Verbose output for the incremental vxr5check verification. The verbose option outputs each stripe number that is being verified. OUTPUT FORMAT
In verbose mode and incremental mode, summary reports for each stripe of the RAID-5 volume are printed in output records. If an error is returned for a stripe, then an error message and stripe number are displayed. In non-verbose mode, if an error is returned, an error mes- sage is displayed. If a parity mismatch error is determined on a stripe, vxr5check exits on that stripe and does not continue for the remaining stripes in the RAID-5 volume. FILES
/usr/lib/vxvm/bin/vxr5vrfy The utility that vxr5check calls to perform RAID-5 parity verification operations for the specified RAID-5 volume. EXIT CODES
The vxr5check utility exits with a non-zero status if the attempted operation fails. A non-zero exit code is not a complete indicator of the problems encountered, but rather denotes the first condition that prevented further execution of the utility. See vxintro(1M) for a list of standard exit codes. NOTES
Do not run vxr5check on a volume that is in degraded mode. SEE ALSO
vxevac(1M), vxintro(1M), vxmend(1M), vxvol(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxr5check(1M)