Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Building a NAS enclosure
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Building a NAS enclosure Post 302208387 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 23rd of June 2008 06:06:43 PM
Old 06-23-2008
you need the pc (board, cpu, ram and vga card... network if not onboard) and disks. also you need to choose which os you would like to use.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Find serial number of storage enclosure?

System: PowerPC_POWER6 OS: AIX 5.x I was told that a disk (hdisk 10) is bad. How can I find "the serial # of the storage enclosure" from command line? How do I find which disk is on which enclosure? Thank you in advance! :) ---------- Post updated at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous update... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
2 Replies

2. AIX

enclosure2 SRN 80210 SSA Enclosure

Hi all, How to view more info about this error message that i am keep on getting. Tried "errpt -a" but the output is huge. Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
2 Replies

3. Linux

FC, iSCSI, and NAS configuration?

I am using Windows Server 2008R2 as a domain controller to 2 other servers and would like to use my Dell Powervault 770N as my NAS for data storage. I have FC that I would like to implement between the servers and the NAS (as an iSCSI target). I am brand new to this world; is this possible? I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoviceAdmin
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Building a NAS server

Hello, I am planning to build a NAS server next week and i was wondering which OS to use. As i see the two most common are FreeNAS and Ubuntu server + samba. What do you think?Do you hava any experience on that?Any other idea? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

NAS Research

Good Afternoon, Are most NASs compatible with Solaris/RedHat? Specifically, I'm looking at Western Digital ones but none of them say they are - I like My Cloud Pro Series PR4100 My Cloud Pro Series PR4100 – Network Attached Storage | Western Digital (WD) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want replace string <enclosure>&#x22;</enclosure> with <enclosure>&#x5e;</enclosure> in xml

I have xml files with with extension .ktr in subfolders i want to replace the string <enclosure>&#x22;</enclosure> with <enclosure>&#x5e;</enclosure> i have written logic but it is not working correctly sed -i '' 's#<enclosure>&\#x22;</enclosure>#<enclosure>&\#x5e;</enclosure>#g' *.ktr ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddy12
3 Replies
PPPD-RADIUS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    PPPD-RADIUS(8)

NAME
radius.so - RADIUS authentication plugin for pppd(8) SYNOPSIS
pppd [ options ] plugin radius.so DESCRIPTION
The RADIUS plugin for pppd permits pppd to perform PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP and MS-CHAPv2 authentication against a RADIUS server instead of the usual /etc/ppp/pap-secrets and /etc/ppp/chap-secrets files. The RADIUS plugin is built on a library called radiusclient which has its own configuration files (usually in /etc/radiusclient), consult those files for more information on configuring the RADIUS plugin OPTIONS
The RADIUS plugin introduces one additional pppd option: radius-config-file filename The file filename is taken as the radiusclient configuration file. If this option is not used, then the plugin uses /etc/radiusclient/radiusclient.conf as the configuration file. avpair attribute=value Adds an Attribute-Value pair to be passed on to the RADIUS server on each request. map-to-ifname Sets Radius NAS-Port attribute to number equal to interface name (Default) map-to-ttyname Sets Radius NAS-Port attribute value via libradiusclient library USAGE
To use the plugin, simply supply the plugin radius.so option to pppd, and edit /etc/radiusclient/radiusclient.conf appropriately. If you use the RADIUS plugin, the normal pppd authentication schemes (login, checking the /etc/ppp/*-secrets files) are skipped. The RADIUS server should assign an IP address to the peer using the RADIUS Framed-IP-Address attribute. SEE ALSO
pppd(8) pppd-radattr(8) AUTHOR
David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com> PPPD-RADIUS(8)