Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Building a NAS enclosure
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Building a NAS enclosure Post 302208370 by vpraveen84 on Monday 23rd of June 2008 05:10:17 PM
Old 06-23-2008
I do not have a clue where to start. I searched a lot on the internet but couldn't find any references for this, except for the foll :

Amazon.com: "build your home data storage box! or NAS!"
Building your own Nas - vnunet.com
How to Build a NAS Device With an Old PC and FreeNAS - WinPlanet Windows Software Reviews

None of these give me any guidance as to how to build the enclosure itself i.e. in simple terms. I haven't assembled anything from scratch up, so any help in this regard would be great !

I need to know the following :
1. All the parts I would need
2. Any reference to how I would assemble all this

thanks.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Find serial number of storage enclosure?

System: PowerPC_POWER6 OS: AIX 5.x I was told that a disk (hdisk 10) is bad. How can I find "the serial # of the storage enclosure" from command line? How do I find which disk is on which enclosure? Thank you in advance! :) ---------- Post updated at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous update... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
2 Replies

2. AIX

enclosure2 SRN 80210 SSA Enclosure

Hi all, How to view more info about this error message that i am keep on getting. Tried "errpt -a" but the output is huge. Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
2 Replies

3. Linux

FC, iSCSI, and NAS configuration?

I am using Windows Server 2008R2 as a domain controller to 2 other servers and would like to use my Dell Powervault 770N as my NAS for data storage. I have FC that I would like to implement between the servers and the NAS (as an iSCSI target). I am brand new to this world; is this possible? I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoviceAdmin
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Building a NAS server

Hello, I am planning to build a NAS server next week and i was wondering which OS to use. As i see the two most common are FreeNAS and Ubuntu server + samba. What do you think?Do you hava any experience on that?Any other idea? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

NAS Research

Good Afternoon, Are most NASs compatible with Solaris/RedHat? Specifically, I'm looking at Western Digital ones but none of them say they are - I like My Cloud Pro Series PR4100 My Cloud Pro Series PR4100 – Network Attached Storage | Western Digital (WD) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want replace string <enclosure>&#x22;</enclosure> with <enclosure>&#x5e;</enclosure> in xml

I have xml files with with extension .ktr in subfolders i want to replace the string <enclosure>&#x22;</enclosure> with <enclosure>&#x5e;</enclosure> i have written logic but it is not working correctly sed -i '' 's#<enclosure>&\#x22;</enclosure>#<enclosure>&\#x5e;</enclosure>#g' *.ktr ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddy12
3 Replies
RADTEST(1)							 FreeRADIUS Daemon							RADTEST(1)

NAME
radtest - send packets to a RADIUS server, show reply SYNOPSIS
radtest [-d raddb_directory] [-t pap/chap/mschap] [-x ] [-4 ] [-6 ] user password radius-server nas-port-number secret [ppphint] [nasname] DESCRIPTION
radtest is a frontend to radclient(1). It generates a list of attribute/value pairs based on the command line arguments, and feeds these into radclient. It's a fast and convenient way to test a radius server. OPTIONS
-d raddb_directory The directory that contains the RADIUS dictionary files. Defaults to /etc/raddb. -t pap/chap/mschap/eap-md5 Choose the authentiction method to use. e.g. "-t pap", "-t chap", "-t mschap", or "-t eap-md5",. Defaults to "pap". Using EAP-MD5 requires that the "radeapclient" program is installed. -x Enables debugging output for the RADIUS client. -4 Use NAS-IP-Address for the NAS address (default) -6 Use NAS-IPv6-Address for the NAS address (default) user Username to send. password Password of the user. radius-server Hostname or IP address of the radius server. Optionally, you may specify a port by appending :port nas-port-number The value of the NAS-Port attribute. Is an integer between 0 and 2^31, and it really doesn't matter what you put here. 10 will do fine. secret The shared secret for this client. ppphint If you put an integer > 0 here, radtest (or actually radclient) will add the attribute Framed-Protocol = PPP to the request packet. nasname If present, this will be resolved to an IP address and added to the request packet as the NAS-IP-Address attribute. If you don't specify it, the local hostname of the system will be used. SEE ALSO
radiusd(8), radclient(1). AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl. 5 April 2010 RADTEST(1)