Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting i need to add missing delimiters... Post 302208008 by obarrett on Sunday 22nd of June 2008 02:00:00 PM
Old 06-22-2008
thanks much... the number of fields and output file separators seems to be what i was missing.. life is easier now.

works great.. thanks

ob

Last edited by obarrett; 06-22-2008 at 05:41 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delimiters missing

Hi I have a pipe-delimited file where I eventually need to replace a string stored on the 3th field on a specific record. This is how the file looks like: A|Mike|Lvl 1|... B|... A|Maria|Lvl 1|... C|... B|... A|Jimmy|Lvl 2|... C|... A|Carry|Lvl 0|... C|... B|... A|John|Lvl 8|...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indalecio
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add missing times

Not sure about the title if someone has a better name for it please lemme know and I will edit the title. I have several (10+ files) which look something like: File 1: 12/28/2009 04:0 8 12/28/2009 04:4 4 12/28/2009 05:0 4 . . . File 2: 12/28/2009 04:1 7 12/28/2009 04:2 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstrangfeld
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

missing delimiters when mysql output is redirected to log file

Hi, Pls check that '|' and '+' present in Step-1 are not copied to log file in Step-3. Pls suggest how to get the exact output from Step-1 (i.e. with out losing '|' and '+') in to a log file ~Thanks Step-1: Execute command > mysql -utest -ptest -htesthost testdb -e "select * from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add missing linefeeds between formfeeds in reports

I need to take a report text file that is output from vendor software and there are some pages which have less then the normal amount of lines. I need to add these missing line feeds as there is a merge program that reads this file in fixed character and line mode template to output the final PDF... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rnygren
6 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

merging files and add missing rows

hello all, I have files that have a specific way for naming the first column they are make of five names in Pattern of 3 Y = (no case sensitive) so the files are names $Y-$Y-$Y or $X-$Y-$Z depending how we look they only exist of the pattern exist now I want to create a file from them that... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
9 Replies

6. Solaris

[solved]Config/enable_mapping missing, how to add?

Issue resolved by upgrading from solaris 11 to solaris 11.1 I would like to enable network mapping. While using instructions from: https://blogs.oracle.com/VDIpier/entry/solaris_11_changing_the_hostname To change my hostname I noticed I am missing the enable mapping bool. What it should... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: taltamir
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Yum - resolving missing dependencies that are not missing

I am trying to install VirtualBox on RHEL 5 but I need the 32 bit version for 32 bit Windows. When I run yum I get the following: sudo yum localinstall /auto/spvtg-it/spvss-migration/Software/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el6-1.i686.rpm Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Local Package... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gw1500se
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add missing value?

Hi Gurus, I have a txt file. some record missed 2nd colum value, I need put default value into the file. ex: below file, first 4 records, missed one column (only 4 columns. it should be 5) $cat missedfield aaa,bbb,ccc,fff aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd 111,222,333,444 111,222,333,444... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add word for a missing column

Hi team... I need some help/advise on adding a word for a missing column. I have a file as below. Rep N1 Forever Limited 2015 Rep N2 Limited 2016 since 2nd content is 3 lines missing one line so i need to make this like Rep N1 Forever (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbee5
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add missing date and time in a bash script?

Hi Again, I have a file that contains date and time for the past 2 hours. What i need is add missing date and time in a file. INPUT 2016-01-13 01:33 10 2016-01-13 01:31 10 2016-01-13 01:30 10 2016-01-13 01:29 10 2016-01-13 01:28 10 2016-01-13 01:27 10 2016-01-13 01:26 10 2016-01-13... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ernesto
14 Replies
passage(6)							       Games								passage(6)

NAME
passage - a game about the passage through life SYNOPSIS
passage DESCRIPTION
Passage is a video game written by Jason Rohrer about navigating the maze that is life and the obstacles, rewards, disappointments, chal- lenges, relationships and the inevitable departure that is part of the adventure of life. Passage is an art game. As a result, some people love it and some people hate it. Check out the links to places it has been discussed on the website for some of the reactions. The mechanics of the game are fairly simple. Your "score" is related to two things; exploration and treasure. Treasure pieces are repre- sented by blue stars that you find in the treasure chests scattered about the maze of life's challenges. Some chests will be empty, so you must learn which sequence of gems on the front of the chests means treasure is inside. You have the option to team up with a spouse. If you do, exploring life will be more rewarding but some treasure will no longer be reachable. As in life, your spouse will die and that death will slow you down. In the end, you will die alone after your 5 minutes is up. The most interesting part about this game is the emotions it evokes within the player of the game. The ultra-low-res pixel art helps here, by not being too distracting and by leaving plenty room for viewer interpretation. The followup to Passage is Gravitation, another art game by Jason Rohrer. USAGE
Passage has no command-line options. The arrow keys move the player around. The Esc key is used to quit the game. The game resolution and use of fullscreen or a window can be set by editing the files in /etc/passage. SEE ALSO
The website and discussion: http://hcsoftware.sourceforge.net/passage/ The game creators statement: http://hcsoftware.sourceforge.net/passage/statement.html March 2008 passage(6)