Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting gzcat into awk and then change FILENAME and process new FILENAME Post 302207962 by radoulov on Sunday 22nd of June 2008 05:27:54 AM
Old 06-22-2008
You can use getline to start reading the $ifile whenever you want, but I would prefer something like this: define $ifile as a second argument and then process it as usual: NR == FNR -> action -> next for the first one, action for the second.
FS is not a problem, you can change it anytime you want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change new filename with date ??

Hi all, I am newbie and hope that you can help me to rename a file If I have a file name Perform.01222006.12345.Log now I would like to backup another file with another name like perform-20060112.dat This is a flat file, and I want to collect some field, then put it in a new file from... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change multiple filename formats with WHILE

Hi All, I'm trying to run a simple shell program to change all the files named *.cvs to *.txt. I am trying to use WHILE and this is what I have so far: This changes the first file from *.cvs to *.txt, but it is not cycling through the other files. My suspicion is that I don't have the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScKaSx
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filename from splitting files to have the same filename of the original file with counter value

Hi all, I have a list of xml file. I need to split the files to a different files when see the <ko> tag. The list of filename are B20090908.1100-20090908.1200_CDMA=1,NO=2,SITE=3.xml B20090908.1200-20090908.1300_CDMA=1,NO=2,SITE=3.xml B20090908.1300-20090908.1400_CDMA=1,NO=2,SITE=3.xml ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natalie23
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the filename

I have 100 files in a directory with a.1 a.2 a.3 a.4 How do i remove a. and i need the file names as 1 2 3 4 please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srichunduru
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

filename change with awk needed

Hi, i have files which contains list of csv file names say temp.txt contains below like data Dns_bangalore_08172011.093033.1139.csv Dns_bangalore_08172011.093133.1139.csv now i want to insert some string before .csv in the filename say i want to insert string _sim1 beofre .csv... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the filename variable value

Hi guys, I have a variable where i am storing the filename (with full path). I just need the value before ".txt". But instead of getting the filename i am getting the contents of the filename. FileName=/appl/data/Input/US/Test.txt a=`awk -F"." '{print $1}' ${FileName}` echo $a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change date in a filename?

Hi i want to list files based on date and change the date alone in the files in a directory abc20120101.txt xyzxyxz20120101.txt ccc20120201.txt ddd20120301.txt In the above i want to select only files having date 20120101 and rename the date for those files like below abc20111231.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dewdrop
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change filename - increment digit by 60

I have a bunch of files, they have spaces! I am working in windows 7, but I am hoping I could install and use cygwin or some other unix platform to rename my files (suggestions welcome). The files are named: Wind Attn Vol - 474.wrl Wind Attn Vol - 475.wrl Wind Attn Vol - 476.wrl etc.. I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_sai_kumar
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My Requirement: 1) There are some set of files in a directory like given below OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_acc.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_faf.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_prom.csv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

10. Programming

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My code: if then set "subscriber" "promplan" "mapping" "dedicatedaccount" "faflistSub" "faflistAcc" "accumulator"\ "pam_account"; for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies
ssignal(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					       ssignal(3C)

NAME
ssignal, gsignal - software signals SYNOPSIS
#include <signal.h> void(*ssignal (int sig, int (*action)(int)))(int); int gsignal(int sig); DESCRIPTION
The ssignal() and gsignal() functions implement a software facility similar to signal(3C). This facility is made available to users for their own purposes. ssignal() Software signals made available to users are associated with integers in the inclusive range 1 through 17. A call to ssignal() associates a procedure, action, with the software signal sig; the software signal, sig, is raised by a call to gsignal(). Raising a software signal causes the action established for that signal to be taken. The first argument to ssignal() is a number identifying the type of signal for which an action is to be established. The second argument defines the action; it is either the name of a (user-defined) action function or one of the manifest constants SIG_DFL (default) or SIG_IGN (ignore). The ssignal() function returns the action previously established for that signal type; if no action has been established or the signal number is illegal, ssignal() returns SIG_DFL. gsignal() The gsignal() raises the signal identified by its argument, sig. If an action function has been established for sig, then that action is reset to SIG_DFL and the action function is entered with argument sig. The gsignal() function returns the value returned to it by the action function. If the action for sig is SIG_IGN, gsignal() returns the value 1 and takes no other action. If the action for sig is SIG_DFL, gsignal() returns the value 0 and takes no other action. If sig has an illegal value or no action was ever specified for sig, gsignal() returns the value 0 and takes no other action. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
raise(3C), signal(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 29 Dec 1996 ssignal(3C)