Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting gzcat into awk and then change FILENAME and process new FILENAME Post 302207962 by radoulov on Sunday 22nd of June 2008 05:27:54 AM
Old 06-22-2008
You can use getline to start reading the $ifile whenever you want, but I would prefer something like this: define $ifile as a second argument and then process it as usual: NR == FNR -> action -> next for the first one, action for the second.
FS is not a problem, you can change it anytime you want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change new filename with date ??

Hi all, I am newbie and hope that you can help me to rename a file If I have a file name Perform.01222006.12345.Log now I would like to backup another file with another name like perform-20060112.dat This is a flat file, and I want to collect some field, then put it in a new file from... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change multiple filename formats with WHILE

Hi All, I'm trying to run a simple shell program to change all the files named *.cvs to *.txt. I am trying to use WHILE and this is what I have so far: This changes the first file from *.cvs to *.txt, but it is not cycling through the other files. My suspicion is that I don't have the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScKaSx
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filename from splitting files to have the same filename of the original file with counter value

Hi all, I have a list of xml file. I need to split the files to a different files when see the <ko> tag. The list of filename are B20090908.1100-20090908.1200_CDMA=1,NO=2,SITE=3.xml B20090908.1200-20090908.1300_CDMA=1,NO=2,SITE=3.xml B20090908.1300-20090908.1400_CDMA=1,NO=2,SITE=3.xml ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natalie23
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the filename

I have 100 files in a directory with a.1 a.2 a.3 a.4 How do i remove a. and i need the file names as 1 2 3 4 please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srichunduru
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

filename change with awk needed

Hi, i have files which contains list of csv file names say temp.txt contains below like data Dns_bangalore_08172011.093033.1139.csv Dns_bangalore_08172011.093133.1139.csv now i want to insert some string before .csv in the filename say i want to insert string _sim1 beofre .csv... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the filename variable value

Hi guys, I have a variable where i am storing the filename (with full path). I just need the value before ".txt". But instead of getting the filename i am getting the contents of the filename. FileName=/appl/data/Input/US/Test.txt a=`awk -F"." '{print $1}' ${FileName}` echo $a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change date in a filename?

Hi i want to list files based on date and change the date alone in the files in a directory abc20120101.txt xyzxyxz20120101.txt ccc20120201.txt ddd20120301.txt In the above i want to select only files having date 20120101 and rename the date for those files like below abc20111231.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dewdrop
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change filename - increment digit by 60

I have a bunch of files, they have spaces! I am working in windows 7, but I am hoping I could install and use cygwin or some other unix platform to rename my files (suggestions welcome). The files are named: Wind Attn Vol - 474.wrl Wind Attn Vol - 475.wrl Wind Attn Vol - 476.wrl etc.. I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_sai_kumar
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My Requirement: 1) There are some set of files in a directory like given below OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_acc.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_faf.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_prom.csv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

10. Programming

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My code: if then set "subscriber" "promplan" "mapping" "dedicatedaccount" "faflistSub" "faflistAcc" "accumulator"\ "pam_account"; for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies
GUPNP_SERVICE_PROXY_ACTION_GET(3)					 1					 GUPNP_SERVICE_PROXY_ACTION_GET(3)

gupnp_service_proxy_action_get - Send action to the service and get value

SYNOPSIS
mixed gupnp_service_proxy_action_get (resource $proxy, string $action, string $name, int $type) DESCRIPTION
Send action with parameters to the service exposed by proxy synchronously and get value. PARAMETERS
o $proxy - A service proxy identifier. o $action - An action. o $name - The action name. o $type - The type of the variable to retrieve. Type can be one of the following values: o GUPNP_TYPE_BOOLEAN - Type of the variable is boolean. o GUPNP_TYPE_INT - Type of the variable is integer. o GUPNP_TYPE_LONG - Type of the variable is long. o GUPNP_TYPE_DOUBLE - Type of the variable is double. o GUPNP_TYPE_FLOAT - Type of the variable is float. o GUPNP_TYPE_STRING - Type of the variable is string. RETURN VALUES
Return value of the action. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Issues E_WARNING with either not correctly defined type of the action or unable to send action. SEE ALSO
gupnp_service_proxy_action_set(3), gupnp_service_proxy_send_action(3). PHP Documentation Group GUPNP_SERVICE_PROXY_ACTION_GET(3)