Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cannot post messages
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems Cannot post messages Post 302207958 by yoavp on Sunday 22nd of June 2008 04:49:32 AM
Old 06-22-2008
Cannot post messages

Hello,

I've signed up last week, but haven't received the activation mail.
Can you please send me an activation mail?

My username is yoavp.
My mail is yp515@hotmail.com.

Thanks in advance.
Yoav.
yoavp

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to post messages and interpret replies

Not really sure if this is the place to ask or if I am asking the correct question. I want to create a script (ksh) on solaris. This will be a menu based script for the user and they will only give on input, a customer number. ie ./my_script 112233 Thats the easy bit which obviously i can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Info req: /var/adm/messages - Kern.warning - different ID messages

Hi all, where I can find a list and meaning of the ID number (for example ID 353554 kern.warning)? Thanks in advance Pierluigi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Petrucci
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Help with deleting post, apologies about the earlier post.

Apologies about the earlier post, i didnt realise, could i delete that post? I apologise again, SynGc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SynGc
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why there are /var/adm/messages.0,messages.1,messages.2,messages.3

Hi folks, In what circumstance does the log move to /var/adm/messages.0.......messages.1,messages.2,messages.3 .......etc ---------- Post updated at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:17 PM ---------- To make my questions more understandable, What are the processes that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimurayuki
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Local zone is not logging systems messages to /var/adm/messages

This is isolated to just 1 non-global zone out of many zones managed This is a Solaris 11 system on SPARC This is NOT a branded zone syslogd is active This came to our attention when one of our scripts didn't run over the weekend prompting us to check our messages logging in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samthewildone
6 Replies
MAIL(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   MAIL(1)

NAME
mail - send and receive electronic mail SYNOPSIS
mail [-dpqrv] [-f file] [user] OPTIONS
-d Force use of the shell variable MAILER -f Use file instead of /usr/spool/mail/user as mailbox -p Print all mail and then exit -q Quit program if SIGINT received -r Reverse print order, i.e., print oldest first -v Verbose mode EXAMPLES
mail ast # Send a message to ast mail # Read your mail DESCRIPTION
Mail is an extremely simple electronic mail program. It can be used to send or receive email on a single MINIX system, in which case it functions as user agent and local delivery agent. If the flag MAILER is defined in mail.c, it can also call a transport agent to handle remote mail as well. No such agent is supplied with MINIX. When called by user with no arguments, it examines the mailbox /usr/spool/mail/user, prints one message (depending on the -r flag), and waits for one of the following commands: <newline> Go to the next message - Print the previous message !command Fork off a shell and execute command CTRL-D Update the mailbox and quit (same as q) d Delete the current message and go to the next one q Update the mailbox and quit (same as CTRL-D) p Print the current message again s [file] Save message in the named file x Exit without updating the mailbox To send mail, the program is called with the name of the recipient as an argument. The mail is sent, along with a postmark line containing the date. For local delivery, a file named after the recipient in the directory /usr/spool/mail must be writable. If the directory /usr/spool/mail does not exist then the mail is dumped on the console, so that system programs have a way to notify a user on a system that does not have a mail spool. MAIL(1)